Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ePO Rollup

I have an ePO server in an isolated network.  I have another ePO server networked.

Is it possible to manually rollup event data from the isolated ePO server to the networked ePO server?

6 Replies
ansarias
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: ePO Rollup

Yes it is possible, You have to register isolated ePO as registered server in Networked ePO. You need sitelist.xml and SA account details of isolated network to make as registered server.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Great - I know how to do that but then how do I manually update the event data from the isolated ePO to the networked ePO

ansarias
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Hello,

You can do it through ePO server task on Networked ePO by selecting as Action : Roll Up Data.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

Hi ansarias,

Please could you clarify the above?  As far as I know, the Roll Up Data server task requires a network connection to the databases it is rolling up from, which it cannot have if the target server is on an isolated network.  Indeed, the Roll Up Data server task requires a registered ePO server, which it will not have as the registration process would fail due to the target server being on an isolated network...

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7

As a quick aside, following on from my comment above, I cant think of a situation where you would want to roll up data from an isolated ePO server - the network is isolated for a reason.  That said, there are always weird scenarios out there, so there is likely a valid reason for this desire 🙂

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

We have multiple isolated networks with multiple ePO setups that are rolling up to a centralized ePO mothership. All you need is ports 80/443/1433 open from your central ePO to your isolated network ePO.

Yes, this method DOES require minimal network connection between the two. Otherwise you cannot rollup data between the two through automatic ePO methods.

If you want to do it a manual way, it would require some SQL magic. Basically, the rollup job takes whatever specified events/computers and puts them into the ePORollup_* tables. Basically you would have either copy the DB or create some queries to have a manual process of doing this.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community