cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ePO Repository Pull failing

Jump to solution
I had updated my ePO Repository Pull to use the HTTP site yet every day it fails with: Started: Attempting Repository Pull from Unknown Site to Current branch Schedule Pull (Source Site does not exist) My site I have set up is: update.nai.com/Products/CommonUpdater My Orion.log shows: 2019-08-13 11:07:32,072 ERROR [scheduler-TaskQueueEngine-thread-4] service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl - execution of task Schedule Pull failed com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: Invalid source site was specified. I cant see Ive spelled anything wrong. I can access the site URL through Firefox. Any ideas?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ePO Repository Pull failing

Jump to solution

Support recommended clearing cached   Temp files and restarting services, Didnt work.

Second step was to delete AMCore content and DAT  from Master Rep and then download them from McAfee. This worked to update the DAT we had on the server but the Master Rep Upd task still didnt work.

The solution was to set up the Master Repository Update to run initially every hour and then I changed it to four times a day when the job started working.

I included all the steps as I didnt know which may have contributed to the final results.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

You should not have had to modify any source site settings, as the default mcafee http site is already set up in epo. Did you edit that one or delete it?  In your browser, can you get to http://update.nai.com?  If so, is the browser using a proxy?

This is mine:

mcafeehttp.png

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Sorry I had put a reply together this am and I dont see it here. I had deleted the FTP site and made sure the HTTP site matched. When that didnt work I deleted and readded the HTTP site. I can access the update.nai.com from a browser on that server and my proxy settings are set to the default.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution
Set your browser settings on the epo server to de-select everything, including automatically check settings. Then see if it still works. If it does, then run the task again and check the epoapsvr log - do you get same unknown site message? You also might want to run a wireshark capture to see if it might show anything interesting.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Now our Update Master Repository is getting the same error. The IE and Foxpro proxy settings have all been turned off. My coworker is uncomfortable running Wireshark. Any more suggestions?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution
What is the specific error in the epoapsvr log? That is located in the epo install directory, db\logs.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

2019-08-21 10:28:50,082 ERROR [scheduler-TaskQueueEngine-thread-1] service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl - execution of task Update Master Repository failed
com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: Invalid source site was specified.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I removed the server epo repository link and added a direct link to the update.nai.com site from my PC and it worked fine. Picture of settings attached. I will try the same on the VS on the server where ePO Is installed.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I was able to do the same thing on t he server hosting ePO. So it works at an individual VirusScan level but not using the server task jobs within . i am attaching the source site settings

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

Try this.  Go to source sites in server settings, delete the site you created, then import this attached sitemgr.xml file under source sites.  Then go back to your server task and ensure that the task has that site chosen to pull from, and try again.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community