cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Repository Pull failed - Source Site does not exist

Both the "Repository Pull" and "Update Master Repository" jobs have started failing sometime in the two or three days. 

Repository Pull job - 

Started: Attempting Repository Pull from Unknown Site to Evaluation branch
 Repository Pull (Source Site does not exist)

Update Master Repository job - 

Started: Pulling content from HBSS01 to Current branch
 Repository Pull from site HBSS01 complete, no warning
 Update Master Repository (The License Manager found an unknown license.)

The source site (update.nai.com/Products/CommonUpdater) and the license have not changed.

The server can browse to this location.

The Update Master Repo job gives this error in the EpoApSvr log

license.cpp(322): Failed the license check. Error = License key does not exist, Code=-201

I cannot find anything relating to this error code, any ideas? 

Edit: I can verify the key still shows up under License Keys.

17 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 18

Re: ePO Repository Pull failed - Source Site does not exist

Has the license key expired possibly?  If you log into the download site with your grant number, verify the license key is the same.  If you can't login to the download site with your grant number, then it has expired. 

Make sure the source site is not using the ftp site, as that is retired now and not in use.

Make sure also that if you are using a proxy in the browser when you can access the update site, make sure proxy is configured in epo server settings so epo will use it also.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I don't believe the key has expired. The server was built from a recent image from DISA, and I do not believe the contract has expired. This being the case, I cannot log in with a grant number to verify.

The source site is using the http site.

There is no proxy being used. 

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 18

Enable loglevel 8 logging on the server (kb56207) and increase log size to 80mb decimal, then duplicate issue.  Then check the epoapsvr log for the specific errors to see if it shows any better info.  Otherwise you might need to possibly run a wireshark to see where the connection is breaking down.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Following the KB to change for 64 bit... I cannot edit the values in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator

Get, "Cannot edit LogSize: Error writing the value's new contents."

I also tried changing the owner (as Admin) but got "Unable to set new owner on ePolicy Orchestrator. Access is denied. 

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 18

Disable vse/ens access protection for that.

Was my reply helpful?

Changed the log level and log file size and tried the task again. The logs don't seem to include anything other than certificate information when I attempt the Repository Pull task. Nothing stating whether or not anything failed or succeeded. 

Do you know what the ePO server means by the message, "Source Site does not exist"? 

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 18

What is the message around the certificate info?  Source site does not exist could mean that it just can't reach it. 

When you do a pull in epo (vs reaching update.nai.com from browser), it does a license check with our servers, which passes a certificate.  If it can't do that license check, then it probably will fail the pull.  There is possibly a firewall or transparent proxy doing some ssl inspection that is not allowing that traffic to pass.  The browser access to update.nai.com/products/commonupdater site doesn't need to pass any certificate info, so that may succeed easily. 

Was my reply helpful?

Info around the certificates:

</CaCertificate></CaBundle></ns:SiteLists>

common\SitelistCache.cpp(175): Flushing Sitelist cache.

ePOData_Connection.cpp(671): Logging in using $USERNAME user

common\SiteListUtil.cpp(3046): Sitelist ASsignment 0, hash = $SOMEHASH, XML = ........

Hope that is enough of what you were looking for

Additionally, I used Wireshark to attempt to capture the interaction. The server doesn't look like it is even reaching out to any other servers. The task fails immediately, kind of looks like something is locally denying it from reaching out. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community