cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Product Deployment Showing Incorrect Status

The status of a deployment at the system level is being reported incorrectly about 30% of the time. Either the status is still Pending or Failed when the deployment is actually successful, verified by checking the version of the software on the client and viewing the Product tab of the System in question. I am looking for a way to have the status reported back correctly every time so that I don't have to spend time chasing it down. Or at least be able to view log details as to why this might be happening. ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.0 (Build 732) Server and all clients located within our single network.
"When you change yourself, you change the world."
2 Replies
mcoffee
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: ePO Product Deployment Showing Incorrect Status

there is a whole multitude of things that could be affecting.

1. are all machines in the same subnet?
2. do all machines have a standard firewall ruleset?
3. are all local firewalls disabled (assumed preference)
4 .are all machines standardised and support your mcafee product versions?
5. if using client tasks for updates and such, are your source branches correct?

just a handful of possible avenues to explore, but despite the EPO version etc being listed above, the post is unfortunately a little vague.
-------
If my answer helped you, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: ePO Product Deployment Showing Incorrect Status

Some of that depends also on versions of software you are pushing out.  There are known issues with ENS not reporting back status.  You would need to look at client and server logs to see what kind of errors you are getting on affected clients.  That all depends on the agent reporting back status as received by the point products involved.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community