Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ePO MVT Content Numbering Question

Good day,

MVT content for version 1.1.1 has gone from version 84 in my master repository to 37 from McAfee as of today.  My master repository is no longer downloading the content updates.  Any reasons for the change in the content update numbering?  Will this content be automatcially updated or do I need to delete the previous/evaluation versions?  Been this way for several months. I've downloaded and attempted to update the extension/installation packages, but the system replies back it's already at these versions.

Thanks,

DocB

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: ePO MVT Content Numbering Question

I'm not sure what would cause that: I've checked and the version on the commonupdater site is still 84.

If you delete the MVT content package, and run the pull task again, does that have any effect?

HTH -

Joe

Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Joe,

Tried your suggestion, it still pulled 84.  From the Support Site, Tools, ePO-MVT the latest is:

ePO-MVT ClientContentUpgrade Package
04/02/2014 12:44:49 PM

I'm just confused as to which version number should be showing up in the master repository, and if I should be manuall downloading and checking in the lower version number.

Thanks,

DocB

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

I'm not sure what would be the reason for this - I have sent the question to the MVT content team and I'll update the thread when I get a reply.

Thanks -

Joe

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Same question for me. Awaiting the same answer

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

I've spoken to the team responsible, and they're aware of the issue: it should be fixed either today or Monday, hopefully, with a new version posted that brings everything back into sync.

Thanks -

Joe

Highlighted

Hello,

unfortunately the issue is not fixed yet, our ePo continues to download  MVT Content 1.1.1.84 after the Pull Task.

I also tried to check-in manually the latest content update from support.mcafee.com:

ClientContentUpgrade ePO-MVT

04/22/2014 12:44:06 AM       1.1.1.39

But it seems to be bugged.

I tried to run a health check using that content package but the result is always the attached one.

As you can see we already have McAfee Virusscan 8.8 Patch 4 and the On-Access Scanner is not disabled.

How can we trust in this tool?

Thank you

Messaggio modificato da failover on 23/04/14 3.30.12 CDT
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community