Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ePO LDAP API call

Has anyone had success syncing ePO server to LDAP server via the API call?
The only "LDAP" listed is ldap.populateCache [rsName]

Or is there proper documentation for its use? 
Using core.help?command=ldap.populateCache 

Doesnt give much info

Thanks!

3 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO LDAP API call

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?  That just refreshes the registered servers.  If you want the sync ldap users task to run to update that, then you would use the scheduler.runServerTask command.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Interesting.. 

So the objective is to setup LDAP auth for my AD user via the api calls. 

so would the command be along the lines of:
                 /remote/scheduler.runServerTask?ldap<arg>&<arg2> | taskId

Thank you for your responce

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

If you are an authorized user in epo with your windows account, you don't need to set anything.  I am still not exactly clear what you are trying to do.  Do you want to add your windows account as a user in epo?  Some commands require global admin rights, but for some api calls, any authorized user with permissions to what they are doing should be able to use api commands.

The scheduler command is if you want to run a task, such as the sync ldap users task, but that is for the purpose of user based policy assignments, not logins.  So can you give a little more detail?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community