cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 51

Re: ePO Agent Handler Upgrade - Best Approach?

Combined size of the DB is 70GB. We switched into Simple recovery from Full and shrunk the transaction log and now Setup has launched...

Running as we speak 🙂

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 42 of 51

Time estimate for the upgrade was 2-4 hours 😁

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 43 of 51

Lol, estimates are good, but if they are anything like Microsoft's progress bar, you never know 🙂

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 44 of 51

Well indeed, but in any case the Upgrade was successful 😁

I kicked it off at 4.30pm today but I had to leave it run as the staff went home and I rely on them for admin accounts etc.

I logged on though from the hotel via Citrix where I'm staying at 7.45pm and it had finished by then so don't know exactly how long, but the main thing is it completed successfully.

Thanks for all your assistance!

There's just one thing... take a look at the Repository Package Status monitor!

Repo Package Status - Available column blank.PNG

What's going on?!

All the server tasks that had been disabled are now enabled. Manually ran a Repository Pull task and Download Software Product List. Can't restart any services or anything hi-tech like that as I only have a standard account! I'd need to ask one of the staff to do that in the morning.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 45 of 51

That might update itself eventually, otherwise look at epoapsvr log for any errors connecting to our site for updating that.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 46 of 51

Well, what'd you know!? I just checked on it a few seconds after your last message popped up and Voila!

Repo Package Status - Cols now populated.PNG

Do you remember Happy Days with The Fonz? 😀 😁 😊

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 47 of 51

Yes, I do!  I even had a best friend that was the epitome of the fonz - he died of cancer, though 😞

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 48 of 51

Ohh, ouch, I'm sorry to hear that.

Agent Handler upgrade went through OK.

We're just applying ePO hotfixes now - how exciting!

There's 5 for 5.9.1.

Am I right in saying only a couple of HFs would apply to the Agent Handler as it is not running Tomcat?

PS Where are you based - East Coast USA?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 49 of 51

The release notes for each hotfix would specify instructions for installing on agent handler if it is required.  If no mention of agent handler, then it is not applicable.

I am in Texas.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 50 of 51

Texas - nice 😉 and hot I would imagine, like all year round?!

We're going to Disney World, Orlando in August! You been there at all?

Anyway, that's ePO upgraded for that customer, thanks again for all your help and support.

I'm going back there in July for two weeks to do more stuff for them. Perhaps we'll migrate them to ENS! They do seem reluctant to go down that road though, they don't like change much!

Speak soon.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community