Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 51

Re: ePO Agent Handler Upgrade - Best Approach?

Yes, it can't hurt.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 12 of 51

Hi,

I've just looked up those other KBs that you referred to but I can't track down KB91305 - any ideas? Typo?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 51

No, it wasn't a typo.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91305

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 14 of 51

Nice one, thanks. That was the only one which doesn't appear to be indexed by Google then!

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 15 of 51

A lot of these KB articles refer to ePO 5.10.x - am I correct in assuming that this would actually also include 5.9.x family as well?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 51

Yes, but 5.10 is even pickier about it.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 17 of 51

Oh I see. Well I've forwarded the KB87731 to the SQL Guru here who will hopefully understand what we need to do. It will need CAB Approval in any case.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 51

Ok hopefully things will go well.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 19 of 51

Thanks very much, you have been so helpful!

We've just run the ePO Pre-Installation Auditor tool on the current 5.3.2 ePO server (actually this is running Windows Server 2012 R2 so may not need to migrate after all).

The ePO Pre-installation tool has flagged up a number of issues which require addressing before we commence the upgrade, as below.

* Database High Availability / Disaster Recovery

- This is enabled but the suggestion appears to be that this be disabled - is this likely to cause an issue if it is left enabled?

* SQL Server Database Recovery Model

- The recovery model is set to FULL. Must it be set to Simple in order for a successful upgrade?

* Trace flag

- Trace flags 1117 & 3226 are enabled - must these actually be disabled, as per the recommendation?

As the account we used did not have the necessary permissions to login to the SQL Server, we could only run the Database checks, so we will not know the results of other checks, such as SQL Server system RSA compatibility until after we have been furnished with an account with the appropriate permissions ie sysadmin privileges.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks,

Nick

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 51

* Database High Availability / Disaster Recovery        - This is enabled but the suggestion appears to be that this be disabled - is this likely to cause an issue if it is left enabled?

Yes, it will absolutely cause it to fail.  It needs to be disabled, no database mirroring, etc., as the install needs exclusive access.  If there is a siem or anything else also reading data from the database, that needs to be disconnected also.

* SQL Server Database Recovery Model

- The recovery model is set to FULL. Must it be set to Simple in order for a successful upgrade?

With full recovery mode, the transaction log will grow and possibly cause space issues.  You can temporarily set it to simple, unless they are very frequently backing up the transaction log.  It won't cause it to fail unless there is a space issue.

* Trace flag

- Trace flags 1117 & 3226 are enabled - must these actually be disabled, as per the recommendation?

They can be temporarily disabled, but I doubt it will cause it to fail.  That is to flag possible performance issues.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community