Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 13

Re: ePO 5.9 -> 5.10 ciper suite blocker not detected by ePIP/Pre-Installation Auditor

Disabled the ciphers you indicated and just ran the epip tool .257 build.  It only gave an info icon, not warning.

tls.png

and from log:

log.png

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

brentil
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Re: ePO 5.9 -> 5.10 ciper suite blocker not detected by ePIP/Pre-Installation Auditor

Yeah and that's just for the TLS versions itself and not the cipher suites, and the article listed is a MS one and not a McAfee one either.

Does the product verification on the next page fail too?  

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 13

The check has never checked for specific ciphers.  As far as I can remember with the epip and 5.9 and up, it only tells you to verify tls requirements.  I had some other warnings because it was brand new install that I didn't do anything such as 8.3, etc. and don't have software extensions installed.  5.10 is the only version that is really limited on specific cipher requirements.  There are sql cipher requirements and also separate ones for apache to tomcat.

KB91296 - apache to application server service

KB91304 - epo to sql requirements

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community