Did you mean: 

ePO 5.9 VDI Horizon View v7.12 - Non Persistent Desktops

I have a Win10 master gold image with the following installed:

Agent: 5.6.5.195

ENS Threat Protection: 10.7.0.1705

ENS Firewall: 10.7.1198

ENS Platform: 10.7.0.1733

I installed the agent with the /enableVDImode

The problem is when the instant clones are created and register with the ePO server, the ENS products and another DoD product are not showing up as being installed, but they do on the GOLD image.

What am I missing.?  

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: ePO 5.9 VDI Horizon View v7.12 - Non Persistent Desktops

Do they show up after a period of time or with wakeup?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

No they don't.  

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

First check masvc logs on the client to see if agent is successfully communicating to epo or if there are any datachannel or other communication errors.  Then, based on the server that the client is trying to talk to, check server log to see if there are errors there.  Otherwise I would suggest opening a ticket with the agent team so we can investigate logs, etc.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

The agent does show that it communicates with the ePO server.  

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Ok, can you verify the server log shows no errors processing properties?  Additionally, make sure there are no duplicate entries.  With vdi systems, it is all dependent on how the system is shut down.  When the OS shuts down, it sends a shutdown request to the agent services.  The agent receives that, sends and agentuninstresponse to epo server, which effectively tells epo this is a vdi system so it retains the guid.  Then once that is sent, the system then shuts down.  IF in that shutdown process the agent doesn't get the shutdown command (as in a hard reset), or the agent doesn't have time to send the response to epo (as in some customers disable the nic during the shutdown), then the epo server never gets the uninst command to deprovision it and next time the agent checks in on new image, it will create a duplicate in epo.  That is because on new image creation, the system has a new agent guid.  When the system is deprovisioned properly, the agent guid is retained in epo and when the system comes back up, epo sends that guid to the client, which then uses that guid.  That's a general overview of how it should work.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community