Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
web1b
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

ePO 5.9 Login Screen Keeps Warning About Screen Resolution

We keep getting a warning about minimum resolution being 1024x768, but we are using much higher resolution than the stated minimum. Resolution is set at 1920x1080.

How can this be fixed?  It has been an annoyance for years that is serving no purpose to anyone.

9 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: ePO 5.9 Login Screen Keeps Warning About Screen Resolution

Does this occur with all browsers?  What exact version/build of epo 5.9?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

web1b
Level 7
Message 3 of 10

I tried Chrome, Firefox and Chromium Edge with the same result.

ePO 5.9.1 build 251.

web1b
Level 7
Message 4 of 10

ePO.PNGdisplay.PNG

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Out of curiosity, if you change advanced scaling to 100%, does it make a difference?  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

web1b
Level 7
Message 6 of 10

Yes, but then everything is tiny,  150% is the Windows recommended default scaling.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

I understand, but I just wanted to verify whether that affected it or not. You are also at the rtw release build of epo with no hotfixes.  I would suggest going to download page to see what hotfixes are available, check release notes for each and see if any include anything browser related.  If I recall, there might be one.  Otherwise, if latest hotfixes don't resolve, I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee.

Keep in mind that the hotfixes for 5.9.1 are not cumulative - they resolve only specific issues.

Before doing so, test different resolution settings to see at what point you no longer get that prompt.

Was my reply helpful?

web1b
Level 7
Message 8 of 10

How do I tell which ePO hotfixes still need to be installed?

web1b
Level 7
Message 9 of 10

You said they aren't cumulative, but don't some of them supersede older hotfixes for Java and Tomcat etc?

How do you tell which ones to apply and which ones to skip to only the latest hotfix?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

For the java and apache ones, only use latest ones available.  As for the others, some might update the build number and others only change a couple of files, so unfortunately with 5.9, you have to read the release notes for how to validate if installed or not (usually at the end of the page).  The description on the download page for each also tells you basic fixes in each.  You also may find some for 5.9.0 - disregard those and use only for 5.9.1.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community