Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

ePO 5.9.1 Scheduled Server tasks not running

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

This is similar to https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/ePO-4-0-Scheduled-Server-Tasks-not-running/m-p/... except for the versions. The ePO is 5.9.1 on a windows server 2012 R2. The server is a VM on a Microsoft Hyper-V. The scheduled tasks can be successfully run manually.

There were no server task logs after Oct 27, 4:00 AM. The next scheduled tasks were about to run on Oct 28, 4:00 AM and first of all I think maybe the time change of the server affected the ePO functionality ( time change on Oct 28, 3:00 AM > 2:00 AM, summer to winter time, EEST to EET ).

How should I start troubleshooting in this case? Is rebooting the server a safe option, as we are on a production environment? Shall I focus on the boot configuration data file on the server and if yes, what to check on it?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

krit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 12

Re: ePO 5.9.1 Scheduled Server tasks not running

Jump to solution

Please check out kb83384.  If that doesn't resolve the issue totally, then check KB84114 to see if it applies.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Please check out kb83384.  If that doesn't resolve the issue totally, then check KB84114 to see if it applies.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Dear support,

It seems that the KB83384 did the job for us. Indeed the time values in the DB were stuck in Oct 27.

Thank you very very much!

Best Regards,

krit

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Glad to assist!

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

What was in this article? It seems to have been removed.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

That KB was removed because the newer versions of epo don't have that issue any longer where a daylight savings time change caused the internal dbcleanup task to quit running.  Here is the gist of it.

Run this to validate a couple of the maintenance tasks are running properly:

Select * from OrionTaskQueueMT where taskdescription like '%dbclean%' or taskdescription like '%task.queue%'

One runs every hour and one every minute, so the runtime and enqueued times should update when you run it.  If the times are not correct or if the dbcleanup is missing, then to restore the missing task, that is kb84114.

If they exist and the times are not updating, then this is the solution:

stop epo services (agent handlers don't need to be stopped)
update OrionTaskQueueMT set RunTime=GETUTCDATE() where taskdescription like '%dbclean%'
update OrionTaskQueueMT set RunTime=GETUTCDATE() where taskdescription like '%task.queue%'
start epo services and wait for everything to start up properly
Select * from OrionTaskQueueMT where taskdescription like '%dbclean%' or taskdescription like '%task.queue%'

The times should now be current.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Ok, and thank you for this, but all versions of EPO 5.9.1 are still supported, so this KB should not be taken down.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

The kb is not relevant to 5.9.1, only lower versions, which is why it was removed.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

To add to that, the daylight savings issue is not the only cause for server tasks not running.  That kb only referred to an issue where daylight savings time occurred, but the internal cleanup tasks quit updating the enqueued time because of that.  5.9.1 and above don't have that issue, so the cause would be something different than that. 

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

The replies above would indicate the contrary:

"It seems that the KB83384 did the job for us" - guy who said he was running 5.9.1

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community