cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[ePO 5.9.1] Download Software Product List Failed

Jump to solution

New 5.9.1 ePO server fails when trying to update the Software Product List. 

Started: Download Software Product List
 Started: Update Product Compatibility List Subtask
 Failed: Update Product Compatibility List Subtask (No updates to the list of compatible products occurred. Enforcement of existing list continues.)
 Downloading file D:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\licensed_products_list.xml.tmp.
 Downloading file D:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\trial_products_list.xml.tmp.
 Failed to download file D:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\trial_products_list.xml.tmp. There was a connection error: Issue with the certificate (12175).
 Failed to download file D:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\licensed_products_list.xml.tmp. There was a connection error: Issue with the certificate (12175).
 Failed to connect to the Software Catalog server.
 Completed: Download Software Product List (Failed to download the products list due to "Failed to connect to the Software Catalog server.")

The source site I am using is update.nai.com/Product/CommonUpdater

The EpoApSvr.log file reads:

Downloading file: D:\Program Files (x86)\........\DB\ProdudctCompatibilityList.xml.tmp

Connecting directly to server update.nai.com

SecureHttp.cpp(1384): Failed to send HTTP request. Error=12175 (12175)

Finished downloading file: D:\Program Files (x86)........\DB\ProdudctCompatibilityList.xml.tmp.

I understand that error 12175 has to do with certificates, I tried manually installing the root as described in KB74029 but to avail. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 8

Re: [ePO 5.9.1] Download Software Product List Failed

Jump to solution

Update for anyone interested - we found that the eposoftwarecatalogserver table was pointing to update.nai.com instead of epo.mcafee.com.  There is no way to find root cause of how this was incorrectly populated, but setting the correct values resolved the issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Is there a proxy in your environment?  Can you go to  https://epo.mcafee.com/ProductCompatibilityList.xml in the browser?  If so, is the browser using a proxy in connection settings?  Make sure all the required ports and web sites are open in your firewall per KB66797.  If you are familiar with looking at packet captures, you can run wireshark when trying to run the download software product list task and look at where the certificate is failing.  Otherwise you can check with your network team to look at firewall/proxy logs.  If you can't find cause, we can look at a wireshark capture for you - you would need to open a ticket.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

No, there is no proxy in the environment. The machine can get to https://epo.mcafee.com/ProductCompatibilityList.xml from the browser. We have our 5.3.3 server up still so I ran the "Download Software Product List" on both the 5.3.3 and 5.9.1 servers with Wireshark running to compare the tasks.

It appears that even though they both have the same source site setting (update.nai.com/Products/CommonUpdater), the 5.3.3 server is reaching out to one IP (successfully) while the 5.9.1 server is reaching out (unsuccessfully) to another. I've been able to deduce that 5.3.3 is reaching out to epo.mcafee.com but it does not seem that the 5.9.1 server is going to the same place, even though their source sites are set the same (no other source sites listed). 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

The source sites in epo for updates have nothing to do with the software product list.  Source updates go to update.nai.com, where the product list is through epo.mcafee.com.  I am sure there is more than one site at epo.mcafee.com, so it is possible for one to use a different ip for it.  I would be interested in seeing the wireshark for the failed server.  If you have an SR open, please send me that case number in private message.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

My end goal is to populate the Software Manager. Right now, it shows "The product catalog has not been downloaded yet." This led me to this KB74029, which did not fix the issue. My understanding was that I needed to be able to successfully run the task "Download Software Product List" for the Software Manager to populate. 

Unfortunately, the way our site is set up, getting support via tickets are not possible. So this is the best I can do. 

To try and give you more information from the Wireshark analysis, the certificates presented are totally different between the two servers. The 5.3.3 server gets back 4 certs (notably, the 'AddTrust External CA Root' that was part of the KB74029 fix) but the 5.9.1 server gets back 2 certs (Akamai and Digicert). 

Any other info I can provide?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Update for anyone interested - we found that the eposoftwarecatalogserver table was pointing to update.nai.com instead of epo.mcafee.com.  There is no way to find root cause of how this was incorrectly populated, but setting the correct values resolved the issue.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Where in the ePO are these settings?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

That is a setting in the database and would only need changed if your download software product list is not going to epo.mcafee.com.  There are other reasons for the failure, so you would first look at the epoapsvr.log to see what the exact failure is.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community