Did you mean: 
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: ePO 5.3.1 to 5.10 upgrade fails towards end of install

Jump to solution

Vivs has identified your last error correctly.  Let us know if that helps or not.  If you need assistance identifying the invalid deployment task, or have trouble removing it, let us know.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 12 of 15

Jump to solution

Hey, I got it all up and running now. Sincerely thank you for the help!

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 15

Jump to solution

So glad it was successful!  Glad to help.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi CakeGuy59,

Since you have tried to upgrade multiple times, first i would check if your current EPO is up and running without any issue. Though if you have cleared all the previous error, if the current setup is not functioning, then there is no point of trying to upgrade again. 

* Check if your user account has enough permission to make necessary changes on the DB during an upgrade.

* Check if SQL server supports TLS 1.2 (since you are upgradating to EPO 5.10, SQL server should support TLS 1.2)

* Hope you ran ePIPA tool before you proceed an upgrade.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

Without logs, it will be really difficult to guess the cause of failure.

The issue seems to be key length of ePO cert. That's why it's try to start services for 45 times and fails.

Please look at #: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89995

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community