cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willtest
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

ePO 5.10 update 11 can't be started - "Unable to determine the CaseSensitivity for ePO"

Jump to solution

System is currently ePO 5.10 Update 10.

Ran Update 11 - as soon as it opens it has message "Unable to determine the CaseSensitivity for ePO" and the only option is Exit the updater.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
willtest
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Re: ePO 5.10 update 11 can't be started - "Unable to determine the CaseSensitivity for ePO&

Jump to solution

I tried the update again and did not get the error.  It installed correctly.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: ePO 5.10 update 11 can't be started - "Unable to determine the CaseSensitivity for ePO&quot

Jump to solution

Can you share the image of the error shown as popup and also the epoupdater log, which stores in user temp\mcafeelogs folder for more details on the failure.

Also, update the existing ePO 5.10 running with which CU build and verify the SQL if its express the space is available.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]
rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Re: ePO 5.10 update 11 can't be started - "Unable to determine the CaseSensitivity for ePO&

Jump to solution

Additionally, ensure you download the EPO 5.10 CU11 RTW package and right click the zip file and check if you see any option as "UNBLOCK" select the check box and click OKAY and right click properties and ensure it is not showing as unblock and then extract to a folder and run again and if the issue re-produced, collect the log and the screenshot for more insight to validate.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: ePO 5.10 update 11 can't be started - "Unable to determine the CaseSensitivity for ePO&quot

Jump to solution

I would also make sure that the ePO DB match the collation of the SQL instance, please see the collation instance:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/collations/view-collation-information?view...

The ePO DBs (both) please right click them and select properties and look at the General properties 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

willtest
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I tried the update again and did not get the error.  It installed correctly.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community