cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 5.10 to Update 12

It is not possible to update from 10 to 12. The result is unsuccessful screenshot attached. What are the possible reasons? No errors before installation. Installation is done by admin. Server info: Server and SQL 2012. EPO 5.10 update 10 RAM 8GB CPU Xeon E5 2650 v4 (2 processors)
7 Replies

Re: ePO 5.10 to Update 12

Error update 12

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 8

could you please reupload that screenshot? is not visible.

Also could you please look at the epoupdater log and see what it might be the failure in there? 

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Erorr

do you need the internet to update ePO 12?

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

It depends if ePO need to look at a Product Compatibility List, this is done if you are updating to Cu10 or later (you are already on Cu10)

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB94079

if you look at the updater log from top to bottom, do you recognize a failure? if you need help looking at this look please open a Service request and we can assist you 

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Downloaded the logs, please help me understand.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

I would remove that doc from the communities, it has sensitive information from your organization.

the failure is this:

2022-01-24T09:39:45.395Z - error: Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, copyfile 'C:\Distr\Update_12\resources\app\release\jre\jre\bin\java.exe' -> 'C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\jre\bin\java.exe'
at Object.fs.copyFileSync (fs.js:2026:3)
at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as copyFileSync] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:166:20)
at copyFile (C:\Distr\Update_12\resources\app\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\copy-sync\copy-sync.js:67:6)
at mayCopyFile (C:\Distr\Update_12\resources\app\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\copy-sync\copy-sync.js:60:12)
at onFile (C:\Distr\Update_12\resources\app\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\copy-sync\copy-sync.js:54:10)
at getStats (C:\Distr\Update_12\resources\app\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\copy-sync\copy-sync.js:48:44)
at startCopy (C:\Distr\Update_12\resources\app\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\copy-sync\copy-sync.js:38:10)
at copyDirItem (C:\Distr\Update_12\resources\app\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\copy-sync\copy-sync.js:122:10)
at fs.readdirSync.forEach.item (C:\Distr\Update_12\resources\app\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\copy-sync\copy-sync.js:115:39)
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

there seems to be something locking this file and not permitting it been copied, this happens normally when there is a software on the server restarting the ePO services during the update. If that doesnt exist then please restart the server to release all handles and attempt the installation again

If for any reason the installation fails again then a procmon might help you understand whats locking that file (if you need help reading that please open an SR and dont post it here as it will have sensitive information too 🙂 )

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community