cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 5.10 change events database name

Jump to solution

The goal was: change the deployed ePO 5.10 (up13) both internal databases names (to eliminate host name from names of both databases). No migration of files or SQL server was planned, just rename the databases.

Steps taken (planned using KB52126, KB68427, KB69850):

- Stopped both 3 ePO services to release the database;

- Both databases were renamed using SQL Server Management Studio (at screenshot);

- In main database two synonyms were re-created to point to renamed events database (got from  McAfee video "McAfee Center Stage: ePO Database Maintenance Best Practices" at YouTube);

- ePO Application Server was started;

- The ePO database configuration (https://localhost:8443/core/config) was edited to reflect database name change;

- Rest of ePO services were started;

- The "Registered Servers" section was edited was edited to reflect database name change;

- ePO functionality was checked, OS restarted, ePO functionality was checked again.

Result: ePO looks almost fine now, except some dashboard queries (at screenshot).

Remaining questions: 

- Which extra steps should be performed to restore ePO functionality (if this possible)?

- Which alternative way (if any) might be used to rename both ePO databases?

P.S.> You are banning McAfee Enterprise YouTube links, LOL! 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO 5.10 change events database name

Jump to solution

The procedure to change the name of the Databases and synonyms is described on the Registered article below:

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB94860

After doing this changes please ensure you see Threat Events under your ePO Threat Event Log

This is similar to what you have done already but i want to ensure you have done it with the same scripts from the article 

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

The procedure to change the name of the Databases and synonyms is described on the Registered article below:

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB94860

After doing this changes please ensure you see Threat Events under your ePO Threat Event Log

This is similar to what you have done already but i want to ensure you have done it with the same scripts from the article 

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

@aguevara, congratulations, Your advice was effective!

The only difference between the KB94860 procedure and mine was the synonyms creation method. I used the interactive creation, while KB article involved scripting. I deleted my synonyms again, run the script (made from KB templates), and got the fully functional ePO.

Great thanks!

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Great, thanks for sharing 🙂 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community