Did you mean: 
Herkules
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

ePO 5.10 Update 10 failing extensions

Jump to solution

Dear Support,

I am trying to update ePO 5.10 to the Update 10 but the extensions of Policy Auditor and Client Proxy stop the process.

- Athough I have updated the extensions of Policy Auditor the installer does not identify them. Should I remove them and how?

- The Client Proxy file from the McAfee Product Download website is corrupted and cannot be installed. How can I get a working one?

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Re: ePO 5.10 Update 10 failing extensions

Jump to solution

Removing the extensions would remove polices, settings, etc. and might not be desirable if you are using it.  The latest extensions for policy auditor can be checked in from the software catalog.  Check in the pa 6.5 HF3-Product Package.  The MCP extension is bundled in the client proxy 4.1.1 installation package from the download site.  When you download mcafeeclientproxy_411.zip, extract it.  The mcpsrver1000 file is the extension to check in under extensions - make sure you aren't checking it in under master repository.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello Herkules

If the installer doesn't recognize the proper version of extensions then it might be down to the product compatibility list been outdated, if thats the case can you follow the instructions from KB94079, the section with name "Updating the PCL" 

In regards to the Client proxy extension, is there an error while checking that extension? 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Make sure also you are downloading extensions and not packages.  An extension will contain an extension.properties file.  Also make sure the file you downloaded doesn't contain multiple zipped files that you have to extract the extension file from.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Herkules
Level 10
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

Thank you for the quick replies.

The problem with the Policy Auditor extensions persists, I have even restarted the server after importing the xml file. Can I remove them instead and how can I do that?

The Client Proxy file is only one in the Website and I tried to import sub files of it and it is not possible. Could someone check the file available and correct it or tell me which subfile is the extension? 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Removing the extensions would remove polices, settings, etc. and might not be desirable if you are using it.  The latest extensions for policy auditor can be checked in from the software catalog.  Check in the pa 6.5 HF3-Product Package.  The MCP extension is bundled in the client proxy 4.1.1 installation package from the download site.  When you download mcafeeclientproxy_411.zip, extract it.  The mcpsrver1000 file is the extension to check in under extensions - make sure you aren't checking it in under master repository.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community