Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victor
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ePO 5.10.0 product deployment fails

Jump to solution

A fresh install of ePO 5.10.0 with clients from a previous install of 5.9.1.

I'm able to update Agents and Threat Prevention etc. on most of the clients. Some had to be manually uninstalled first, before deploying the new Agent etc.

Now I'm left with two clients with problems.

1st problem:

I deploy Solidcore Client by Run Task and everything looks fine:

Solidcore Completed.jpg

but nothing is installed on the client and from ePO, if I look in Products on the client it's also missing. I have tried to search for log files, but found nothing on the server or the client.

2nd problem:

On another client I can deploy the Agent, but all products fails to install with the below message after quite some time. All other clients completes installation in a few minutes.

Run task expired.jpg

Also here I can't find any logs with more detail.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Re: ePO 5.10.0 product deployment fails

Jump to solution

During that task the ePO tries to contact an Agent with FQDN, NETBIOS and IP with a wake up call, the order of doing this is configurable on the Server Settings> Agent contact method but we any way try all methods, what is changed is the order.

It sounds like those machines are behind a NAT network, if thats the case then wake ups wont work subsequently Run client task now deployments wont work either, probably is best to schedule the deployment and allow it to be executed with a regular schedule task

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Do they run if you don't use run client task now (for the ones in red)?  Please go through this to determine where the failure is.  Otherwise we would need you to open a ticket so we can get mers from clients to look at logs.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator-ePO/SOLVED-HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DE...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Please also do not post screenshots or other data on a public forum that contains internal system names, IP's, etc. for your security.

Was my reply helpful?

Victor
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

I found that the deployment that either fails or times out, is because the computer name is wrong:

DNS.jpg

The DNS name above is the name of the WEB NLB server, it should look like below instead (fully qualified domain name):

Correct DNS.jpg

The fields are not editable - are there some other place to edit the names or force ePO to use IP instead of names?

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

During that task the ePO tries to contact an Agent with FQDN, NETBIOS and IP with a wake up call, the order of doing this is configurable on the Server Settings> Agent contact method but we any way try all methods, what is changed is the order.

It sounds like those machines are behind a NAT network, if thats the case then wake ups wont work subsequently Run client task now deployments wont work either, probably is best to schedule the deployment and allow it to be executed with a regular schedule task

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Victor
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Setting IP on top in Server Settings> Agent contact method fixed the problem. Thanks.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Great! thanks for sharing 🙂 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community