cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ePO 5.1 on Server 2012 Running extremely slow

We are trying to migrate to a brand new ePO 5.1 server and have encountered a strange issue.

This is a new server running a quad-core Xeon, 16gb of RAM and a fresh install of Server 2012 with all updates.  When we try to do anything (login, load a page, download software, etc) it takes a very long time to do anything (a couple of minutes usually).  The server is using a separate server running MSSQL 2008 Server SP1.  Our current ePO server (running Server 2003 R2 32-bit) connects to the same database server and has none of these issues.   I have read through these forums and searched the logs and cannot find the cause of this slowness.

I already opened a ticket with McAfee Support, but so far they haven't had any ideas.

From what I can tell is that Tomcat is having issues, but nothing I've done to it so far has helped.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ePO 5.1 on Server 2012 Running extremely slow

Moved to ePO for better support.

Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

You may want to check out the CPU usage on that particular instance it is using in SQL.

I am having the same issue currently from an upgrade from 4.6.6 to 4.6.7 and it is under investigation by McAfee.

In my occassion it is a 2008r2 dedicated SQL, yet SQL max resources can be set by instance and are not always shared by default. Try monitor the load on that specific SQL instance, if it is high it will have an effect on all you do in the application server.

just my 5c

Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

the 2003 server does makes me trigger more ideas...

there are differences on 32bit and x64 setups of ePO and their supported SQL versions.

Best to have a check up on compatibility as well...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community