cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 4.6.1 (Build 1192) upgrade to 4.6.6

Hi,

I have a system currently running ePO 4.6.1 (build 1192) I am trying to upgrade to 4.6.6, however during the upgrade one of the services stays in the "Stopping state" the service = Mcafee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.6.1 Application Server.  This then causes an error and for the upgrade and it rolls back, I then have to restart the server to get the service running again.  I have also tried upgrading to a different version (even though 4.6.6 should be a straight upgrade from the version we currently run) to upgrading to version 4.6.4 again I had the same issues.  Does anyone have any idea's on how I can resolve the issue, without having to start from scratch?

Thanks

9 Replies
andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: ePO 4.6.1 (Build 1192) upgrade to 4.6.6

During the upgrade monitor when the install tries to terminate the service and terminate the  tomcat5.exe process manually with task manager.

Hi Andre,

Thanks, this got me past the services stopping.  However it now rolls back on the "running core component installer"

andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

never had that, but try running the setup in debug mode. You'll click/press enter a thousand times but it will show yo more details and help with a ticket with mcafee.

setup.exe DEBUGOUTPUT=3

Thanks, I'll give that a go now.

Hi Andre,

The final error that it stopped on during the install -

"FAILURE: In LaunchAppAndWait whille trying to run the following program: C:\PROGRAM~2\MCAFEE\EPOL~1\INSTALLER\CORE\INSTALL.BAT"

RETURN CODE:1

ERROR MESSAGE: INCORRECT FUNCTION

CUSTOMACTION: MERMOD_RUNORIONANTINSTALLER"

Any ideas?  Also do you know how I log it with Mcafee ??

andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Sorry, no idea.

You raise an incident with mcafee here:

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Default.aspx

If you don't have acces you can create it but require a grant # to create you access. You grant number is a number assigned when you renew your support for your products, smae number you would use to download software updates.

Thanks for the help, I've raised an incident so just waiting on the reply.  I'll update with the fix

The issue looks as if it was caused by the database being too full as it was limited to 4GB, erased all the logs in the Database and it works fine now.  Thanks for your help.

vic_1992
Level 7
Message 10 of 10

Hi Team,

we are having 4.6.1 (Build: 1192) , we are planning upgrade to 4.6.6.

What is the prerequirement?

How to upgrde from 4.6.1 to 4.6.6?

Pleae share me the documents, if any....

Thanks in Advance...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community