Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brownr9
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 19

Re: ePO 4.5 and Summary Report Generation

Jump to solution

YES!!!   How???     That is what I'm looking for, and I suspect others as well....  I'll be watching this....  

serc09
Level 10
Message 12 of 19

Jump to solution

OK, we need two major steps - create a new query and then create a new server task.

Step 1: Create the new query:

1.0: Go to the "Query-Page" and click "new query"

1.1: Eventtyp: Systemmanagent -> managed systems (see attached qry1.jpg)

1.2: Columns: choose whatever you like

1.2: Filter: - status: is - managed

- group: system is in group/subgrpoup - /My Organization (or whatever you like)

1.2: run and save query as you like (i created own shared groups to sort my "personal" querys)

Step 2: Creat the server task:

2.0: Go to the server-task overview and click "new task"

2.1: enter task description as you like

2.2: Actions: - "run query" -> choose your query

- subaction: send email -> enter email.adress and email.subject

2.3: Plan: set up how often you want to get this email

2.4: save server-task

Then you can run the server-task to see if it works as wanted.

Hoped that helped you.

Regards

ser09

JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 19

Jump to solution

I'm sure I'm still missing the point - but when you export the standard VSE dat deployment summary report, you get exactly what you're describing. Say you export a PDF - the first page (and the only page, if you choose to export only the chart data) will be the chart, with the DAT versions grouped by count underneath it...

Joe

serc09
Level 10
Message 14 of 19

Jump to solution

JoeBidgood schrieb:

I'm sure I'm still missing the point - but when you export the standard VSE dat deployment summary report, you get exactly what you're describing. Say you export a PDF - the first page (and the only page, if you choose to export only the chart data) will be the chart, with the DAT versions grouped by count underneath it...

Joe

You are absolutely right, never checked that....

View solution in original post

brownr9
Level 7
Message 15 of 19

Jump to solution

OK - I just gave HELPFUL points because you are right, in the PDF version, with the chart, there is the breakdown that I'm looking for.  Now...what about making this for TABLE format only, with no chart at all?  Am I missing something?

Something that I need from ePO reporting is a TABLE FORMAT report of all the malware (alerts) summarized...

Generic!bad_one.fjgk     12000

Backdoor.Trojan            150

Really_bad_one             1200000

so I can go look at things.  I imagine if I use the charts, and I have, they will show me all the threats, and be very crowded.

How can I get just the summary information?  No charts.  No PDF.  Just a TABLE FORMAT report so I can review the matter?

JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 19

Jump to solution

Now...what about making this for TABLE format only, with no chart at all?  Am I missing something?

I think you might be... forgive me if this is too obvious but I have been assuming all along that you'd already tried this...

1) Create a new query. Choose System Management and Managed Systems. Click Next.

2) Select Single Group Summary Table. Under the Labels Are: heading, open the drop box, scroll down to VirusScan Enterprise Properties and choose DAT version. Click Next.

3) Select System Name and DAT Version as the columns to be displayed. (These are displayed when you drill down.) Click Next.

4) Leave the filter empty: click Run.

5) If the results are what you want, click Save and save the query with a meaningful name.

You can then schedule this query as an automation task: if you only choose to export the chart data only, you'll only get the summary page.

Is this what you are looking for?

Regards -

Joe

brownr9
Level 7
Message 17 of 19

Jump to solution

Doesn't seem to work for me, tried it several time, using exact steps.  I get 4 systems, we have many more...

I will play with it but it still remain counter-productive.  I really appreciate your help though, I am new to this and all the things that come with it.

Converting from one reporting set to another is not what I thought it was going to be...

You still get the HELPFUL POINTS ... 

JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 19

Jump to solution

Can you export the query, zip it and post it here? I'll have a look...

Joe

brownr9
Level 7
Message 19 of 19

Jump to solution

OK - I found the problem.  We have 2 systems...  One is the big master db and one is the reporting server.  Your steps work when I'm in the big db server.  They don't work when I'm on the reporting server.  I will ask them why...  Thanks!!!  Will keep you posted...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community