I checked under Programs And Features and it shows isntalled and SCCM reports that it is installed and so far it continues to update as well. It does not happen on every machine but it does seem to lean towards laptops. I even had one laptop where it worked and after uninstalling and reinstalling VSE/ASM it stopped reporting that VSE/ASM was installed. I was able to fix it on one laptop by uninstalling VSE/ASM and the agent and reinstalling but the others have not been successful. Most have the ePO Agent 4.5.1499 so I tried upgrading some to 188.8.131.522 with no success. Any ideas?Message was edited by: raider25 on 7/31/12 10:27:56 AM CDT
Solved! Go to Solution.
Check "lastprops.xml" on the client and see if it has VSE listed in it or not. This will tell you if the client is sending this information to ePO or not. Depending on the OS this file can be in one of two locations by default:
Check the registry on the client and see if the application plugin key for VSE is present. It should be here:
[HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\Viruscan8700]
Check the ePO server and confirm the client has a recent last communication date.
If none of that is helping the post a copy of the agent log.
I was finally able to get around to checking this, I apologize for the delay and really do appreciate your assistance. I was able to fix two PC's by uninstalling ASM, VSE and the agent and then manually reinstalling the agent as an administrator and letting VSE/ASM reinstall via policy from ePO. However, the next two I tried did not work after the uninstall/reinstall.
I checked "lastprop.xml" and VSE is not listed.
The plugin for VSE is listed in the registry.
The ePO server communicates as normal and shows a new date-time group when you tell it to wake up the client for full product properties and "
I have not checked all policies but I do know we have turned off the splash screen for VSE when you log in and so far on the "bad" computers it still shows up so at least that is not being enforced either.
Here is the agent log:
|McAfee Agent Activity Log|
With the data provided I can't tell what is wrong but I can clearly see that something is wrong. The agent is not even attempting to enforce policies for VSE which usually means the agent has not loaded the VSE plugin.
I'd either reboot the machine or restart the VSE and MA services and see if that clears up the issue loading the plugin. You may have to disable VSE's access protection feature to do this:
Other than that collect a MER from the client.
KB60593 worked part way. I changed the DWORD value to "0" and after a short while and a few agent wake-ups it showed VSE installed. I checked a "good" PC for ASM and it's correct value and changed the DWORD value for ASM plugin flag from "e" to "6". After another short time and a few agent wake-ups it reported as well. The only reason I did not mark it as a helpful answer is because I don't know what else is not working. I am waiting on a report back from the user as to whether the VSE splash screen goes away on login too.Message was edited by: raider25 on 8/10/12 6:20:44 AM CDT
VSE splash screen appears to have cleared as well. I will consider this resolved for my purposes. Thanks to jstanley and JoeBidgood!