Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nhayatna
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

ePO 4.5 Failover Scenario

Re-posting previous question

We are also looking for solution to following problem. Any help would be highly appreciated.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/22359

I've been mulling over a couple of ideas about a failover solution but want to keep it fairly simple for the following reasons:

Site A will contain the main ePO server and service all the Site A clients

Site B is the failover site, will have it's own ePO server and will contain a mixture of live clients and then clients that get restored from Site A if Site A fails.

I use Agent Handlers in Site A

If Site A fails, we switch to Site B for working and where necessary servers are restored from Site A backup to site B spare physical/virtual hardware

My main concern is the ability to ensure clients receive DAT and policy updates

So what I'm thinking is:

A) Import agent/server keys from Site A ePO server to Site B ePO server, have a policy share task set up. - Does this allow temporary migrated Site A clients to update from Site B ePO server?

B) Site A uses Site B ePO server as the fallback repository. Site B ePO server uses Site A ePO server as it's source to keep up to date (whilst both sites are live). When Site A is lost, we manually import updated DATS to Site B ePO server and any clients which originally talk to Site A now use Site B as the fallback repository to update DAT's

What are the thoughts on this? I need a fairly swift solution/confirmation, preferably without using a dedicated cluster/failover solution.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community