Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

downloader UpdateCallbackMsgbus::extractResponse Failed to get the update info sync from update info

we see in agent McScript error log  flooded with the following error.

#2496 downloader Downloading file from http://update**personal information omitted**.com:80/Products/CommonUpdater/SiteStat.xml?hash={81eca...} to C:\Windows\TEMP\SiteStat.xml failed.
downloader UpdateCallbackMsgbus::extractResponse,  

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: downloader UpdateCallbackMsgbus::extractResponse Failed to get the update info sync from update

so we are not able to download file from Repository. Make sure that Repository is accessible and ports are opened from client end.

We should be able to download file from browser #: 

http://update**personal information omitted**.com:80/Products/CommonUpdater/SiteStat.xml?hash={81eca...

Highlighted

Re: downloader UpdateCallbackMsgbus::extractResponse Failed to get the update info sync from update

I also have this issue.  

McScript_error.log:  UpdateCallbackMsgbus::extractResponse, Failed to get the update info sync from update info.

Seeing an abundance of Client Update Failures in ePO.  

2020-10-20 23:14:22 E #1332 downloader Downloading file from http://update**personal information omitted**.com:80/Products/CommonUpdater/SiteStat.xml?hash={8e6b2...} to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SiteStat.xml failed.

2020-10-20 23:36:59 I #5260 ScrptExe Executing section: [ExecuteDetectionScript]
2020-10-20 23:36:59 I #5260 ScrptMgr Setting the working dir as C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\\Current\AMCORDAT2000
2020-10-20 23:36:59 I #5260 ScrptExe Line 614: RunScript dwRet = C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\\Current\AMCORDAT2000\amcore.mcs, ScriptMain
2020-10-20 23:36:59 I #5260 ScrptMgr Loading and parsing: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\\Current\AMCORDAT2000\amcore.mcs
2020-10-20 23:36:59 I #5260 ScrpPrsr Parse warning line(964): SetUpdateErrorFail already exists. Ignoring...
2020-10-20 23:36:59 I #5260 ScrpPrsr Parse warning line(995): RestartServices already exists. Ignoring...

McScript.log looks like it was successful, but still seeing update failures in ePO for this client (as well as others).  

McScriipt_error.log is full of these entries:  

UpdateCallbackMsgbus::extractResponse, Failed to get the update info sync from update info

Anyone know how to pinpoint the issue?  

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Failed to get the update info sync from update info means that it is not receiving a response from the point product.  You might try reinstalling or upgrading ens.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

I am running a fresh install of ENS 10.7 July update, device control 11.5, with MA 5.6.5 hotfix 2.  I see this same issue on other devices that are running ENS 10.6.1 with MA 5.6.5 hotfix 2.  I'm wondering if it is an agent issue rather than an ENS issue?  

Thank you

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

It is possible, I have seen a lot of that message lately.  I would suggest opening ticket with McAfee, but if you do, put the agent in debug logging, increase log size and rollover count also, debug mcscript (kb82170).  You might also want to run amtrace that also captures the ens side of things (kb86691).  Once you duplicate issue in debug mode, get a mer and the amtrace log for the SR.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community