Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

agents that are upgraded to 5.6.4 not show update version in ePO

Jump to solution

Hi All, i'm newbs to epo, 

like the subject says, i have been given task to upgrade all old agents into new ones (5.6.4) , some still have 5.5.1 and some others 5.6.2, i already try create task schedule from standard task(group or one by one or with sync AD task that push newly agent) and the result still not good enough, sometimes if im lucky from 49 system , 18 success and others expired or wont show updated version on epo, even thou tesping, telnet, wakeup agent success,

any suggestion?

Cheers,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: agents that are upgraded to 5.6.4 not show update version in ePO

Jump to solution

Have you set up a scheduled task under client task assignments to deploy the newer agent on a schedule?  Otherwise, please go through this to help pin down where the failures are.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DEPLOYMENT-FA...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Have you set up a scheduled task under client task assignments to deploy the newer agent on a schedule?  Otherwise, please go through this to help pin down where the failures are.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DEPLOYMENT-FA...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is you problem fixed? I had similar issues with task deployment. When you create deployment task, mark systems for deployment in the system tree - run client task now - find the tab: OPTIONS, in the option tab there are additional setups for deployment. I recommend increase the default values for: CANCEL AFTER and STOP TASK ON THE CLIENT TASK. Also use the randomization.  In my case it helped because some tasks used to kill themselves after expiration of time specified in OPTION tab.

Let me know,

Lukas

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

hi lukas,

fixed but not so much, still some fixed, some not, there's so many factor in my case, like network (we have complicated network and not to mention corrupted agents and other unexplained things), sometimes it fixed when i reinstall & or update the agent manually not from epo, but 80% it's corrupted agent,the most case i have meet was agent ping able and telnet to epo but can't collect props and from epo always failed every task i have created,

sorry ff this not helping more

Highlighted

Jump to solution
Spoiler
Understand, it might me sometimes frustrating. Check if necessary all ports are open on endpoints, try to reinstall agents not using task but use force installation over existing version.

You can export sitelist xml file with keys from epo and update them on the endpoint. 

https://kb.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66892

Check your SQL database if it is healthy, if you have enough space for database, setup maintenance for database. 

Do you use super agents? If yes they might be configured in wrong way. If you use VDI, be careful and check if agents are in VDI mode.

Will be glad when you let me know one day what issues you solved, to educate myself as well:-)

Good luck,

Lukas

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community