Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 19

Re: Windows 10 Unable to Deploy ePO Agent

Jump to solution

I am using run client task now. I dont see any logs on server but on clients the logs are getting generated but which file I should look for?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 19

Jump to solution

Hello,

1) Please make sure that the Client machine is supported with the ENS Version:

Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for Endpoint Security 

2) Try to use Scheduled task, and create the task as run immediately and send a wake up agent call.

3) Also you can check the below KB article for the ENS installation:

How to troubleshoot an Endpoint Security installation failure 

For the logs you will be able to see Common Bootstrapper and Common Custom Action log.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 13 of 19

Jump to solution

I am using ENS 10.6.1 and I believe it's not supported on Windows 10 1903

I have the ENS 10.6.1 May Update package but how can I install the update without installing the 10.6.1 base package?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 19

Jump to solution

I would suggest you to deploy ENS using client task product deployment. Since you are using Win 10 1903 build, please refer the below article to deploy right ENS version.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

You have to deploy ENS 10.6.1 july repost

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 15 of 19

Jump to solution

Tried client task assignment, no luck

I am using ENS 10.6.1 and I believe it's not supported on Windows 10 1903

I have the ENS 10.6.1 May Update package but how can I install the update without installing the 10.6.1 base package?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 19

Jump to solution

hello,

That comes with bundle.

You need to check-in the package in the Master Repository and after that create a Product Deployment Scheduled task for that machine.

You will be able to see the package in the ePO>Software Manager/Catalog

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 17 of 19

Jump to solution

I have already checked in ENS 10.6.1 May Update package into Master Repository.

But when I run task, I don't get the option to deploy the ENS 10.6.1 May Update package instead I can only select the base package  ENS 10.6.1

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 19

Jump to solution

I believe you have to use the June bundle or one later, as the installer for the May bundle didn't have a full installer for 1903.  It only supported upgrading a previous version.  So for fresh installs, you need a later package.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 19

Jump to solution

Hi @avilt,

I would agree with @cdinet on this. Just to clarify, the package you are looking for is July repost or October Package.

Essentially May update was designed to enable users to perform in place Windows upgrade if they already had ENS installed and running on them (version 10.5.5 or 10.6.1). So May update package was never a full install package! We have the July repost and October versions available for download that should definitely help you with the Installation issue. I would recommend using October update owing to the issues addressed in it that includes a critical CVE addressed. This should resolve the reported issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community