Did you mean: 
Frank83
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 20

Re: Why the task on EPO has not been running

Jump to solution

Hi Aguevara,

Could you maybe explain me more about this command? which field should I change to my own information ?

for example what does the name mean? taskdescription is the Mandatory fields?and etc.

SELECT
SUBSTRING(TaskDescription, LEN(LEFT(TaskDescription, CHARINDEX ('<name>', TaskDescription))) + 6, LEN(TaskDescription) - LEN(LEFT(TaskDescription, CHARINDEX ('<name>', TaskDescription))) - LEN(RIGHT(TaskDescription, LEN(TaskDescription) - CHARINDEX ('</name>', TaskDescription))) - 6) as 'Task Name',
CONVERT(datetime, SWITCHOFFSET(CONVERT(datetimeoffset, OrionTaskQueueMT.RunTime), DATENAME(TzOffset, SYSDATETIMEOFFSET()))) AS 'Local Start Time',
CONVERT(datetime, SWITCHOFFSET(CONVERT(datetimeoffset, OrionTaskQueueMT.EnqueuedTime), DATENAME(TzOffset, SYSDATETIMEOFFSET()))) AS 'Local Queued Time',
CASE WHEN State=0 THEN 'Queued' WHEN State=1 THEN 'INVALID' WHEN State=2 THEN 'Pending/Waiting' WHEN State=3 THEN 'Running' ELSE 'Unknown' END as 'State'
FROM OrionTaskQueueMT
where taskdescription like '%db clean%'

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 20

Jump to solution

That is just the script you need to run on the SQL DB and should not be changed, it should be executed as provided

Frank83
Level 9
Message 13 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi aguevara,

Please help check the result which query from database as attached picture.

Thanks.

macfee3.JPG

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 20

Jump to solution

That make sense, you are missing one, the query i gave you is from the article below:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84114

Please follow the same article to recreate the missing task as you should have 2

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Frank83
Level 9
Message 15 of 20

Jump to solution

Sorry I do not understand very clearly.

So you mean I still need to do a query as below:

SELECT Id, UniqueKey, Enabled FROM OrionSchedulerTaskMT WHERE UniqueKey = 'DbCleanupTask'
SELECT * FROM OrionTaskQueueMT WHERE TaskDescription LIKE '%DBCleanUp%'

Or you mean I have to create another task on the EPO?

Thanks.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 20

Jump to solution

That query needs to be executed on the DB to understand the ID of the missing task, Once you have the ID you can recreate it with the remote commands. 

If you need help following the article please open a support request so that we can help you with this

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Frank83
Level 9
Message 17 of 20

Jump to solution

Please check the result for this query, and nother was found.

How do I create a ticket and let you support?

Thanks.

macfee4.JPG

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 20

Jump to solution

Use this in the script instead of dbclean - like '%db clean-up%'

To open ticket, go to support.mcafee.com.  If you don't have an account there, you can call support line with your grant number to open a ticket.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/home/contact-us.html or for your country if you are not in US.

Was my reply helpful?

Frank83
Level 9
Message 19 of 20

Jump to solution

is like this below:?

macfee5.JPG

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 20

Jump to solution

Yes, that is correct.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community