Did you mean: 
Frank83
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 20

Why the task on EPO has not been running

Jump to solution

Dear Mcafee,

please help check, I created one task on the EPO Server, and it should be running every day. but according to the display on the WEB, the lastest running time is 6th Feb. 2022, please see the attached picture.macfee1.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 20

Re: Why the task on EPO has not been running

Jump to solution

Yes, that is correct.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

19 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 20

Jump to solution

Is there a task waiting or pending on the server task log? could you please run the query on the ePO DB?

-------------------------------------------

SELECT
SUBSTRING(TaskDescription, LEN(LEFT(TaskDescription, CHARINDEX ('<name>', TaskDescription))) + 6, LEN(TaskDescription) - LEN(LEFT(TaskDescription, CHARINDEX ('<name>', TaskDescription))) - LEN(RIGHT(TaskDescription, LEN(TaskDescription) - CHARINDEX ('</name>', TaskDescription))) - 6) as 'Task Name',
CONVERT(datetime, SWITCHOFFSET(CONVERT(datetimeoffset, OrionTaskQueueMT.RunTime), DATENAME(TzOffset, SYSDATETIMEOFFSET()))) AS 'Local Start Time',
CONVERT(datetime, SWITCHOFFSET(CONVERT(datetimeoffset, OrionTaskQueueMT.EnqueuedTime), DATENAME(TzOffset, SYSDATETIMEOFFSET()))) AS 'Local Queued Time',
CASE WHEN State=0 THEN 'Queued' WHEN State=1 THEN 'INVALID' WHEN State=2 THEN 'Pending/Waiting' WHEN State=3 THEN 'Running' ELSE 'Unknown' END as 'State'
FROM OrionTaskQueueMT
where taskdescription like '%db clean%'

-------------------------------------------

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Frank83
Level 9
Message 3 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi Alejandro,

where do I run this query? Because the EPO has not installed by me.

Thanks.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 20

Jump to solution

the query will identify if there the internal clean up task are working as expected on your ePO server, we have internal task which are in ccharge of starting and stopping such task and the query will identify if those internal task exist and if they are working as expected

Frank83
Level 9
Message 5 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi Alejandro,

Do you have any other checking solution(not use the command, because I do not know how to run these command)?

Thanks.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 20

Jump to solution

for now no, but here is an article explaining how to run such queries:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67591

Frank83
Level 9
Message 7 of 20

Jump to solution

I do not know why I cannot open this link according to the manual.

Regardless of the method used to run the script, you need to know how to connect to the SQL Server hosting the ePO database. This section gives you guidance on how you can pull this information from ePO assuming ePO can successfully connect to the SQL Server.

Use the URL syntax below to access the Database Configuration page on your ePO server:

• https://:/core/config-auth
  • https://:/core/config-auth

NOTES:

• The Default SecureHttpPort is 8443.
  • Do not include the chevrons (< >) when typing the URL.
  1. Start Internet Explorer.
  2. Type the appropriate URL and log on.

Example URL: https://ePOServer:8443/core/config-auth

macfee2.JPG

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 20

Jump to solution

im not sure what's on that message but you need to access that URL directly on the ePO server and not remotely but this is just the page where you can test the connection to your DB, it wont help on this issue 

Frank83
Level 9
Message 9 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi aguevara,

Yes, I've remoted to the EPO Server, on that server I use web and try to follow the steps which you send to me the link. but it show me can not find the resouces

so on EPO if one task is hanging up, it will affect the other task? 

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 20

Jump to solution

Understood, you could see the same details from your Database on the configuration file called db.properties located at C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\orion

If you know your details already from your DB then you can log into the DB using any of the other methods.

this issue can certainly impact other task

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community