cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why the big difference in number of managed systems?

Jump to solution

Hello community,

I´ve been asigned to learn and administer McAfee ePO, here at my IT Department. So I´m pretty new to this software and I´m yet to learn a lot. The question of today is, why do I have a big difference in my managed systems between the Agent Communication Summary and DAT Deployment?

difference.png

Thank you,

best regards.

p.s Can anyone hit me up with some basic (maybe important-to-know) tutorials?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Why the big difference in number of managed systems?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Agent Comm compliance and DAT adoption reports both refer to different products.

The Agent comm report give you an indication how any of your agents (the managent and communication software) have been online in the past x days

tthe dat adoption report give you an indication which signature sets are present at you endpoint where VSE is installed.

It might be worth adding in a report to indicate how many managed endpoits have VSE installed to help you identify where you are still exposed.

regards

rich

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi it.beliveo, this depends on how the queries were made.

First of all you should tell which ePO version you're using and wich VirusScan versions are deployed becuase, by default, ePO 5.0 and 5.1 only show data for VSE 8.8

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Laszlo, thanks for your response.

I´m currently working on ePO 5.0, and using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 and McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for linux 2.0. I just saw at the Software Manager tab that I have 21 updates due. So, I´m gonna take a closer look at this and update it to see if it has something to do (which I´m guessing it does). Any other suggestions I´ll be thankful to read.

Thank you again.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Agent Comm compliance and DAT adoption reports both refer to different products.

The Agent comm report give you an indication how any of your agents (the managent and communication software) have been online in the past x days

tthe dat adoption report give you an indication which signature sets are present at you endpoint where VSE is installed.

It might be worth adding in a report to indicate how many managed endpoits have VSE installed to help you identify where you are still exposed.

regards

rich

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community