cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Why are there multiple duplicate system names under Detected System Interfaces by Subnet?

Why do these detected systems repeat\duplicate on the "Detected Systems" page and how can I correct it?

I've installed RSD's on each subnet. We have 9 subnets and each one has repeating names displayed on this page.

Subnet1 - In the Canonical Name column, the first system name is listed on the first 5 rows. The first 3 have the same IP while the 4th and 5th rows have a different IP. Based on the detected time, it looks like it's the different IP address that DHCP assigned to that system.

Then there's a different system name on the 6th row. Rows 7-13 have the first system name again, but using the same IP for all 6 rows.

This repeats with different system names for 253 rows with about 15 different machines total. 1 machine is duplicated about 150 times.

The detected systems properties\details page will show mulitiple interfaces for these machines. The 1 with 150 rows has 25 interfaces listed and the data is the same for each except the date. I know without a doubt that this machine does not have 25 interfaces. It has one ethernet connection to our network as do the other dups.

I thought it could be a problem with the machine creating a new GUID maybe, but I really don't know right now.

2 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why are there multiple duplicate system names under Detected System Interfaces by Subnet?

Can you tell me the versions of ePO and RSD you are running?  THe AF are having very simular issues with RSD (duplicate IPs and System names) running ePO 4.6 build 4.6.7.278 ( and HFs 940148 & 962154) and RSD 4.7 P1. It is almost impossible removing them with via the dashboard.  We have had to run a script on the database to remove them manually.

ansarias
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why are there multiple duplicate system names under Detected System Interfaces by Subnet?

Check the KB78943

http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78943

NOTE: A fix for this issue will be included in RSD 4.8. This article will be updated once RSD 4.8 becomes available.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community