cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While accessing EPO getting error " Unexpected error Occured"

Dear All,

When I am trying to open Mcafee Epo it is giving me the error " An Unexpected error occurred".

On further checks, I found "Mcafee Epo event Parser Service is stopped". Even on restarting it manually, it is getting stopped.

I also followed the resolution from Technical Articles ID:   KB92108

But it is still not working. Can someone advise what may be the issue?

Regards,

Arun.

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: While accessing EPO getting error " Unexpected error Occured"

What does eventparser log show?  Most issues with eventparser not starting is failure to connect to the database.  When did issue start and what changed?  Can you log into sql management studio?  Is the database accessible, or in recovery mode/suspect?  Are there errors in the sql error logs?  If using dynamic ports in sql, did you validate the port/instance is correct?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Dear,

I am able to connect to the database & Event parser logs are attached for your reference. I have set the static port in SQL, earlier it was dynamic, After this, I restarted SQL & Mcafee Epo Services but there was no improvement.

Actually, I accessed this machine after many days & In between, I suspect there was a power failure. Lastly, I have also updated Windows for this machine.

Regards,

Arun

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

We have seen some windows updates cause that due to some tls or cipher changes.  Please open a ticket so we can look at logs.  Orion and stderr.log may show some tls errors, but you don't want to be posting logs here that contain sensitive information.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Dear Team,

Please find attached the logs files.

For orion log file, please change the extension to .txt

Regards,

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

2022-01-27 17:54:50,813 WARN [main] jni.LoadJniInitTask - Unable to load native library:C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\EPOCore\5.10.0.2428\webapp/WEB-INF/lib/epojni java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError Orion_OnLoad returned an error.2022-01-27 17:54:50,856 WARN [main] jni.LoadJniInitTask - Unable to load native library:C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\EPOCore\5.10.0.2428\webapp/WEB-INF/lib/DownloadJNI java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError Orion_OnLoad returned an error.

Look up in kb UnsatisfiedLinkError - there are several kb's for that, but it is typically a database connection issue.  As I previously stated, please open a ticket with us.  We would want nmap and other detailed info that you should never post on a public forum if you are concerned with security at all.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community