cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to reset a password in ePolicy Orchestrator 5.x using ePIP.exe

Hello,

I want to reset a password in ePolicy Orchestrator 5.x using ePIP.exe.

Before running this ePIP.exe i want to clear some point.

1: Any risks and impacts of admin password change?

2:Roll back plan in case something goes wrong with ePO while changing password?

3:Any pre-requisites to be done, like server backup, server tasks backup, DB and ePO application backup?

4:Will it impact the server tasks running with admin privileges?

5: Any other points before changing password?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Want to reset a password in ePolicy Orchestrator 5.x using ePIP.exe

Hello @MohamedS 

Thanks for your post.

1: Any risks and impacts of admin password change? No, You can change it, If there are other users who is using the same user name in that case you need to provide the same to all the other users.

2:Roll back plan in case something goes wrong with ePO while changing password? You need to change it back with the help of the tool. (Before changing the password you can have ePO and Database backups available with the help of KB66616

3:Any pre-requisites to be done, like server backup, server tasks backup, DB and ePO application backup? (It is always recommended to have the backups available on regular interval with the help of KB66616

4:Will it impact the server tasks running with admin privileges? No, You are just changing the password.

5: Any other points before changing password? No

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community