Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Want to remove the VSE from ePO

Hi All,

I could see many machines are not getting the DAT getting updates even after multiple DAT update task. I presume the VSE on the machine got corrupted.

However I would like to reinstall VSE on those machines. In my environment of 10000+, all machines are not running with the same versions of VSE(ie one machine in 8.7 and another with the latest 8.8 patch 8).

I would like to know if there is a single command that could be pushed from the ePO which is capable of removing the VSE irrespective the versions installed on the machine. As I could see the version needs to be mentioned while running a 'Run client task' for the removal of VSE. We only have latest VSE checked-in in our ePO which makes the removal task from the ePO not successful for the machines running with the previous versions of VSE.

3 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: Want to remove the VSE from ePO

Good Day Sree123

What version of agent are you using ?

DAT update failure could also be a corrupt agent .

Recommendation : log onto a machine where there is a dat update failure . Access the agent monitor , do a collect and sent , update etc , and do a manual update . Chances are there is an issue with the agent communicating with the epo .

Apologies updater component of the agent.

mcvoodoo
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't know how to do this in one task, but I have been advised by McAfee support that if you set up a task to remove a newer version of VSE, it should remove all older versions of VSE too.  It certainly worked when I tested it out here.

MVC

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Please call to support and ask about VSERemoval tool (now it's called MFERemoval) - it's generated once per quarter.

Using this tolol you will be able to remove all entries connected with VSE,

Regards

MK

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community