cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wake up through ePO console fails some endpoints

Back story, recently moved ePO server 5.10 U7 from a AWS cloud to a on-prem cloud. Having a communications issue with the endpoints that are still in the AWS cloud environment.

Attempts to Wake-up agents from ePO console fail to all AWS endpoints but will pass on all on-prem cloud endpoints. 

I am however seeing Last Communication times updating every hour on AWS endpoints. I can also RDC to a AWS endpoint, execute the agent monitor, Collect and Send Props and see the Last Communication time update. So I gather port 8081 is not blocked between the two cloud environments.

In addition all client tasks will also fail MA, PA, SC as well as Product updates ie, AMCore. I can however initiate the Update Security from the AWS endpoint and pull the latest DAT from the Master Repository.

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wake up through ePO console fails some endpoints

Hello @User35956216 

Thanks for your post.

Please start checking the Server.log in ePO Server to see the errors.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Yes, have checked the Orion.log on the server as well as the masvc log on the endpoint. Neither logs gave me anymore information other than, 

execution of task Wake Up Agents failed, No agent wake-up calls were successful

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Please check the server.log and do check the McAfee Agent General Policy whether Wake up agent call policy is enabled or not.

Server.log by default location is :
C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Logs

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Are the client tasks that are failing scheduled tasks or a run client task now type?  Those depend on wakeups to be successful.  You may not be able to wake up systems like that if they are natted, which would most likely be the case.  See KB59091 and KB58818 9doesn't necessarily have to be vpn, just a natted environment).

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Yes, run client now tasks are also failing. I find if I do create a client task and have it run at a particular time, which is kicked off from the client-scheduler they will pass. So this very much seems what I am running into. I'm looking through the two KBs here in a bit to see what they may reveal.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

When you are using wakeups from aws, most likely your clients are natted, so wakeups can't be done to a natted environment.  When you run collect and send props, the agent connects via port 443, not 8081, so that is why that would be successful.  As for tasks failing, are they scheduled tasks, or run client task now type?  If the latter, then they will fail also as it depends on wakeup feature.  

When you also update security from the client, that is also using port 443, so 8081 could still be blocked possibly.  

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community