Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wyle008
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 36

Re: VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0.448 management extension upgrade fails

Jump to solution

Tried again to import these certificates and now it works also for me. Previously I have imported the certificates only on the client machine where I use ePo console but NOT on ePo Server itself (shame on me). Today I have imported them on ePo Server and afterwards I was able to successfully install extension 8.8.0.448 and it works like a charm. AP Policies and also rules are available.

Therefore I will mark Davids answer as correct.

Additional info: The certificates are available here > How to install the 2048-bit Code Signing root and intermediate CA certificates? | Symantec

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 32 of 36

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update.  I also did not think about importing the certs to the server.  I did that and now AP policy properly shows up.  Any idea why a 2012 R2 server wouldn't automatically get these Verisign certs as part of the Root Certificate Program?

andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 33 of 36

Jump to solution

one or more of the following: proxy authentication, proxy blocking, missing routes on firewall/blocked routes, domain GPO blocking updates

I'm sure there's more!

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 34 of 36

Jump to solution

Guess that means it could be anything haha.  It would be nice if there was a more descriptive error message because the one presented from the application and in the Orion log gave no indication that it could be certificate related. 

andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 35 of 36

Jump to solution
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 36 of 36

Jump to solution

Importing both certificates fixed my issue as well.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community