Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkey79
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 69

RE: How to install ?

Removed VSE8.7 off a 2 of my test machines, I had to rebuild one, and the other has problems with 8.5i after a reinstall, where the AV is constanlty disabling itself, same issue as with 8.7...

No previous fault with 8.5 patch 6, until 8.7 was installed
Massi79
Level 7
Message 32 of 69

LOL same thing here: 30 machines, removed 8.7 with a task, THEN installed 8.5 with another tas.. all BROKEN
wonderful..
i solved uninstalling manually VSE from each machine, updating Windows Script 5.7 on XP sp2 and rebooting..
now 8.5 works

(that's the "update" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949140/en-us )

If you wonna ask me: yes, 8.7 also broken my WSH installation, lol, on many machines i could not even run a simple .vbs file (like a logon script, exactly..)
monkey79
Level 7
Message 33 of 69

I will give this a try and see what it does

Hasnt worked for us. Post how you get on?
monkey79
Level 7
Message 35 of 69

Not worked for us. We have XP SP3 installed, and could not install due to a newer version
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 36 of 69

You beat me to it Massi79. That is the only way I have been able to restore 8.5 to working order on our test systems. I would imagine it has something to do with the registry. Some values seem to be kept when you remove 8.7. I have gotten into the habit of restarting the PC everytime I remove removed 8.7 even after a manual uninstall. Seems to go better. Still we never had issues with doing an uninstall and reinstall with 8.5 with out restarts even doing it through EPO. I hope they get these issues resolved soon.
Massi79
Level 7
Message 37 of 69

happy about that 🙂
it gave me this error even before, when i tried to upgrade 8.5 to 8.7
i found the problem because my logon script, a vbs script, stopped woring 🙂
so now 8.7 is banned from my network, lol, let's wait for something new.. what fears me is that this 8.7 makes damage even only installing, so a simple "patch 1" will not make me sure 🙂

bye all
Massi79
Level 7
Message 38 of 69

very strange, all my xp sp3 test machines went right after manual uninstall and restart..
the mcshield service is giving you error 7000 in event viewer?
monkey79
Level 7
Message 39 of 69

I tested something on my machine, where I uninstalled AV 8.7i did not reinstall 8.5i, and allowed ePO to redeploy.

Mine is now working fine with 8.5i
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 40 of 69

Anyone have any updates on this?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community