Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

VSE Upgrade task help (tags)

Quick one please could anyone tell me on the following I have to upgrade all servers without specific exclusionspolices from VSE 8.7 to VSE 8.8.

We have tags in place and I was wondering if this would work…

Firstly all servers have the server tag, and then serverswith specific exclusions have the server tag and the application type tag…

IE. Server 1 > Tags = ICE, Server, x64

Server 2 > Tags =Server

So essentially the server 1 has 3 tags with the ICE taghaving the highest priority and because this has specific policies for ICE I donot want to upgrade it.

I only want to deploy to servers with the Server tag but no other application tags.

Would it work if I setup a client task stating…

Deploy VSE 8.8 to all systems with the tag “server”and do not have the tag “ice

Would this exclude the “ice” servers or is there a better way to target these boxes?

Message was edited by: DarrenFord on 1/21/14 2:35:09 AM CST
2 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: VSE Upgrade task help (tags)

That's the way I have done deployments and it seemed to work fine.  I tag workstations that have low memory, old CPU level, or full HDs so my deployment tasks don't attempt to do anything on those machines until they are upgraded/fixed.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: VSE Upgrade task help (tags)

this should work 🙂

or maybe you could even set "run this task on servers" and do NOT run if Tag "ice" in task properties.

But as you already have tags on all your servers - your way maybe better

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community