cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

VSE On Demand Scan - Threat detections not loggin in threat event log on ePO server

Jump to solution

I have found that when my on demand scan runs and detects & deletes a file that no threat events are logged on the ePo server. Nothing shows on the system info or on any erports which should show results.

I would expect this to flag up as a threat so i can check through the log files. The local log file does not contain enough information i.e file location.

Am i missing something of the task which sets it too log more info. not sure what the problem is here. Any help would be appreaciated.

Many Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Re: VSE On Demand Scan - Threat detections not loggin in threat event log on ePO server

Jump to solution

Please make sure that you've checked in the latest extensions for VSE - especially the reporting extension, which allows ePO to interpret events from point products.

HTH -

Joe

View solution in original post

6 Replies
apoling
Level 14
Message 2 of 7

Re: VSE On Demand Scan - Threat detections not loggin in threat event log on ePO server

Jump to solution

Hello Stephen,

I'm not sure if this question of yours still needs responding to.

I'd check the following after an ODS with detection:

- ePO agent logs, whether they indicate any kind of failure to connect to ePO server and/or sending the events up.

- ePO server event processing, whether it has any kind of visible failures processing information from your computer.

- ePO event filtering (both in the GUI and evtfltr.ini, should they not allow recording the types of events the ODS generates. Please check the McAfee KB relevant article on events and event codes for ODS)

- I'd query the ePO database for events from your computer, whether they are there and the GUI query is faulty or they are not there at all.

Attila

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same issue, Threat events seem to stay empty after upgrading my ePO to 4.6.5

This seems to be a VSE related issue as my Solid Cored PC's do report their threats.

Any ideas are most welcome.

By the way I upgraded from 4.6.3 to 4.6.5

Besides the known error on the eventparser (which I start manually) there are no other issues.

JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Please make sure that you've checked in the latest extensions for VSE - especially the reporting extension, which allows ePO to interpret events from point products.

HTH -

Joe

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe,

I did check it in but reregistering it did the trick

Totally forgot about that one.

Thanks,

Maurice

JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

No problem   Everything is OK now?

Joe

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe,

I have checked in the latest extension and it works a treat.

Thanks

Stephen

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community