Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Labnuke
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 91 of 230

Re: VSE 8.8. 6807 DAT problem - urgent!

After you check in the Hotfix you can move it to a different branch. You can then create the tag(s) as needed and apply to some machines for testing.

pg13
Level 9
Message 92 of 230

@runcmd: If the other branches are dimmed out, maybe you need to enable check-in in those. go to Server Settings --> Repository Packages --> Allow package check-in for any repository branch --> Yes.

botha
Level 7
Message 93 of 230

I still don't see a response from McAfee concerning 2 questions:

1. Can we get detailed instructions (English) to deploy this hotfix via EPO.

2. Does this get fixed with a subsequent dat.

Not all of us work with EPO enough to quickly work through all of the cryptic instructions that come with EPO.  RTFM is not an acceptable response when you have just FUBAR'd your product.

--my 2 cents

Message was edited by: botha on 8/21/12 7:54:22 AM CDT
brentil
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 94 of 230

botha wrote:

I still don't see a response from McAfee concerning 2 questions:

1. Can we get detailed instructions (English) to deploy this hotfix via EPO.

2. Does this get fixed with a subsequent dat.

Not all of us work with EPO enough to quickly work through all of the cryptic instructions that come with EPO.  RTFM is not an acceptable response when you have just FUBAR'd your product.

--my 2 cents

Message was edited by: botha on 8/21/12 7:54:22 AM CDT

My post above is detailed instructions on step by step deployment of this hotfix via ePO.

botha
Level 7
Message 95 of 230

Thanks!

I did make an attempt last night using steps that were identical to the ones you listed in your post.  It was not successful so I assumed I was doing something wrong.

Its good to know that my steps were accurate and I will try again.

I did set the client task to only run once, i wonder if that has an affect.

Thanks again.

jperry
Level 9
Message 96 of 230

We are currently testing the hotfix. In the interim we tried doing a scan task however it failed on the systems we tested. We have also had 2 incidents of servers that have had McShield go to 99% CPU and take out production services. One of the systems was running without issue or configuration change for several months, it also was reporting back a correct DAT number and engine. It required manually disabling McAfee services to allow the agent to remove VirusScan, even atfer reinstall it pegged the CPU and in the end we reboot whcih appears to have fixed the issue for now. For these reasons I am starting to believe that this hotfix will be needed for all systems running 8.8. Can anyone provide some detailed results of intial testing of the hotfix? How does it work generally on different platforms? Did you force a reboot?

harris_s
Level 9
Message 97 of 230

My initial testing (not really testing as in live environment) shows that the hotfix doesn't seem to be working on most of our servers (mainly 2003 and a couple of 2008), out of approx 50 affected machines, I'm now down to 30. I've been sending wake up and re-running the update task but the number isn't going down. Workstations seem to be better, only got 4 which won't apply the hotfix.

Superhoop
Level 9
Message 98 of 230

harris_s ... can I ask, when you say 50 affected machines are htese machines reporting as dat 0.0000 or are you reporting on something else?

harris_s
Level 9
Message 99 of 230

Yes, showing 0.0000, mainly servers though, which is more of a worry.

phl92812
Level 8
Message 100 of 230

I think that is more accurate to look for systems reporting engine version 0.000

Can anyone confirm if systems that report the correct engine version in ePO are affected by this issue? When you have thousands of systems it is very important to know which systerms are affected before making the deployment.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community