Did you mean: 
ChrisQ
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

Upgrading to 5.10 patch 10

Jump to solution

I'm seeing a lot of posts about problems upgrading to ePO 5.10 patch 10.

Has anyone completed the upgrade from 5.10 patch 9 to patch 10 without any issues?

I have run the tool to look at required extensions, and it's telling me to upgrade to extensions that aren't available in the software catalogue or from the download site, so I'd need to contact support to get extensions that aren't released yet (which is worrying) but there's not a lot of point if it's still going to go wrong.

I know people usually only post when there's issues, but it would be nice to see a few posts from people saying the upgrade worked without a hitch.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Re: Upgrading to 5.10 patch 10

Jump to solution

Hello @ChrisQ 

I would like to request you to please check your personal message and download the extension with the help of provided link.

Do make sure you are having a good known backup of the ePO Server and ePO Database with the help of the KB66616.

Unfortunately, I am not trained on MSME part 😞 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

12 Replies
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Hello @ChrisQ 

Thanks for your post

We do have a lot of customers who installed CU 10 successfully.

I would like to know for which extension you contacted support.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Some of the extensions are newly released and release to support only until they go full general availability, which is why you need to contact support.  Eventually they will be available publicly, but for now not all are.

Was my reply helpful?

ChrisQ
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

I have yet to contact support, I'm still waiting before I go for the upgrade, but I will need McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.7 8.7.332.2

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Hello @ChrisQ 

Thanks for your post,

As per the KB94079 McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.7 8.7.332.2 extension is RTS.

I will be providing you the extension through FTP link.

I will send the Extension FTP link to your personal Message.

Was my reply helpful?

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Hello @ChrisQ 

I would like to request you to please check your personal message and download the extension with the help of provided link.

Do make sure you are having a good known backup of the ePO Server and ePO Database with the help of the KB66616.

Unfortunately, I am not trained on MSME part 😞 

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

ChrisQ
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help @vivs 

kimbn
Level 8
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

We also have a lot of issues upgrading ePO 5.10 to CU 10 because of missing extensions. And the extensions are even not downloadable. This is simply not good enough McAfee.

We miss extension for SIR, MAR (given version in updater tool not available), CSR, Application Control (Solidcore) the given version in the Updater Tool is not available, VSES (the released extension is not working SR 4-21831885491 created. 

You really DO need some cross functional coordination before releasing a mandatory update like ePO 5.10 CU10 ! 

Kim M. Bruun
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

The mandatory release is due to end of life for tomcat7.  Most of the required extensions are available via support because they aren't fully GA (general availability) yet.  They will be eventually, but most releases go through an RTS (release to support) phase before releasing ga.  If you are not able to upgrade at the moment, we will still support your environment until you do so, though after a while when other versions are actually eol, it will be with best effort.

Was my reply helpful?

kimbn
Level 8
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

Yes, I do understand that the mandatory release is due to EOL of Tomcat 7, but what I do not understand is that you don´t see the point in taking the customers hostage in a pre mature release, just to fix one issue, and not wait until you can release a whole working upgrade with the right extensions tested and available from the download page !

Kim M. Bruun
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community