cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading EPO Repository question.

Hi

I currently have several epo 4.6 repositories servicing our sever estate. I have now built a new replacement ePO 5.1 server.

I now need to start migrating the clients over to the new server, my question is during the migration, can I upgrade the epo 4.6 respositories first to the new 5.1 agent (superagent) and by doing this will the older agents still be able to get their updates from that repository (being a newer version) before they get their new agent and polices etc ? I hope that makes sense.

Many thanks

Tony

3 Replies
Troja
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading EPO Repository question.

Hi,

i have not tested this. But, if this should work in any way you have to import the repository keys from the existing EPO Server to the new one, because the content of any repository is signed by EPO. This is a security feature for the repositories to prevent unauthorized file changes and so on.

At the moment i´m not sure if there are any side effects.

What kind of Repositories are you using? Because, if you are using UNC repositories you can add a second fileshare for the new EPO server.

Cheers

thanks for the reply - not being a Mcafee guru - which keys should I export and import ? looking at my screen I have the following

Agent-Server secure keys

local master rep key pairs

other rep public keys
Capture.JPG

and should I exprt all the keys in one section ?

many thanks

Tony

ulyses31
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi tonyharding, you have to export the 20148 and 1024 keys from the agent-to-server communication keys section.

As per the SuperAgents, once you migrate them to the new server, computers that are still connecting to the old ePO server won't be able to use them as they won't have them in their repository lists (they will disappear from the old ePO server once they are migrated to the new one)

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community