cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Upgrade to Endpoint Security 10.7.x using McAfee ePO 5.10.x or 5.9.x

Dears,

I'm planning to upgrade to ENS 10.7 using ePO 5.10 so i need to know which privileges i need to perform this upgrade: Administrator privileges is a most or it can be done with lower privileges than Administrator such operator or etc.. ???

Thank you

BR

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgrade to Endpoint Security 10.7.x using McAfee ePO 5.10.x or 5.9.x

Hi Omar,

If you're just upgrading products, the McAfee Agent should already be connecting to ePO. Since the the Agent runs as SYSTEM, there's no additional rights required. Just create a Product Deployment task from ePO and assign it to your endpoints/groups.

You could also use the Endpoint Upgrade Assistant (EUA) tool:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.7.x-installation-guide-windows/page/GUID-B0B0A9B...

EUA Spotlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D95DUvWRyE

Marcos Yerkovich
TSE for Dynamic Endpoint
Customer Satisfaction Group
Highlighted

mean ePO privileges, do i need ePO administrator is it a most or there is lower privileges such operator which can run the upgrade ? Please advise.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

I've moved this thread to the ePO forum as this is a permission set question regarding Product Deployment Tasks.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

In permission sets, enable the required options for it.  You would need permissions to the system tree, software catalog, specific point product, client tasks, etc.  Sometimes it takes trial and error to see what it needs, but if something fails for a test user, check audit log.  That usually shows lack of permissions for something.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

So it's recommended to have Administrator privileges to have access to options needed in ePO console ?

Or there is privileges lower than administrator which allow to access all needed ePO options and features to perform the upgrade ?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

No, the user does not need to be a global admin in epo, it can be a global reviewer, or whatever permission set you choose.  You just have to enable access to the different pieces that I listed earlier for permissions to the system tree, client tasks, the software, etc.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

This should help

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-5.10.0-product-guide/page/GUID-F2924277-86C9-483...

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community