Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbevly
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Upgrade from 5.9.1 to 5.10 Fails when trying to start new service

When running the upgrade the precheck runs fine.  During the install I can see that the new Application Server Service 5.10 and Event Parser 5.10 have installed.  The wizard gets hung for a while on "Starting New Services".  In the System Event Log there are errors "stating the the service depends on MSSQLServer, the service might not be installed.  Of course SQL is running and started, and I wonder if it is because of the SQL Instance name?  The other error that I am seeing in the same Event log is an Schannel error stating "A fatal error occurred while creating an SSL credential.  The internal error state is 10013.  

If anyone has recommendations or where to look for additional log files I would very much appreciate it.  Thanks.

3 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrade from 5.9.1 to 5.10 Fails when trying to start new service

Could you please share with me on a private message the logs form the below location? 

C:\ProgramData\McAfee

Please zip the "ePolicy Orchestrator", I will like to take a look at the whole picture

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

jbevly
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Here is what I did to finally get the update to finish.

KB51431

KB90874

Additionally, I changed the user I was using for the Database connection.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

great, thanks for sharing

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community