Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Upgrade epo agent

I have more than 10,000 endpoints with epo agent 4.0 which is the best way to install the new version and move it to a new epo 5.3 with out sending from the console.

I think I have to dolt manually but if i run it over the computer only update but still in the same console i new to move it to the new one,  any suggestion?

Should I uninstall and install it again manually?

Regards!

Ben

11 Replies

Re: Upgrade epo agent

Moved to EPO forum for a better chance of support

tao
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 12

The following procedure describes how to transfer managed computers from Server A to Server B: McAfee Corporate KB - How to transfer/move computers from one ePolicy Orchestrator server to another...

As for the epo agent 4.0, are those agents successfully communicating with your ePO server?  If YES, then you MAY be able to upgrade 4.0 to 4.8 - This should be done prior to the transfer from Server A to Server B.

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12

Thank you so much for your help!  I forgot to tell you, the epo server is 4.0 with epo agent 4.0, the register server option is not available in this version, thats why I want to move it softly to a new version of epo....

Any suggestion?

Kind Regards!

Ben

tao
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Well, there are some hurdles ... you may consider upgrading ePO 4 to ePO 4.5.X , the option for registering a server is available under 4.5

So, if you decide to upgrade to ePO 4.5, confirm that your systems are able to communicate with ePO 4.5, then move forward with the agent upgrade to 4.8.  After the agents have been upgraded move forward with the migration/transfer to ePO 5.3. 

Due to the amount of systems, all this should be planned out/tested/confirmed before the next steps are taken.  How long will this take, is all dependent on the driving force of the migration (policy, regulation, management) to get this done (how much time is allotted for the migration), comfort zone and business/organization culture/environment.

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 12

Thank you TAO for the information, the issue is that epo 4.5 is not available any more, but I am thinking move from 4.0 to 5.3 using the epo agent 4.8 ass you told me, the problem is that I have to reinstall the new agent over the old one, the issue that I found is the branch office has a slow broadband connection to transfer more that 10mb to install the agent in each computer. I am thinking copy just one time  the framepkg.exe on a local folder, after try to run it remotely in each computer in a silent mode, could you please give me any advice  or other bette option....

Kind Regards!

Ben

tao
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Local share at your Branch Office does make sense; is your environment GPO driven? Command for a silent install: FramePkg.exe /INSTALL=AGENT /FORCEINSTALL /SILENT

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12

This sounds good, but GPO dose not allow EXE files installation, I found this McAfee Corporate KB - How to enable Group Policy deployment of McAfee Agent KB67796  to conver it in a MSI file. but I do not know if I can rund the switch  /INSTALL=AGENT /FORCEINSTALL /SILENT in MSI file?

tao
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Not sure about MSI commands; you may luck out with keeping it simple by running a batch file or PowerScript via GPO to initiate Framepkg.exe install.  Otherwise, MSI doesn't not have the ePO repository or ePO keys - they will need to be inserted through a custom MSI or GPO.

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Would this discussion be better suited by moving it to ePO Managed?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community