Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimbn
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Upgrade ePO 5.10 to CU10

We also have a lot of issues upgrading ePO 5.10 to CU 10 because of missing extensions. And the extensions are even not downloadable. This is simply not good enough McAfee.

We miss extension for SIR, MAR (given version in updater tool not available), CSR, Application Control (Solidcore) the given version in the Updater Tool is not available, VSES (the released extension is not working SR 4-21831885491 created. 

You really DO need some cross functional coordination before releasing a mandatory update like ePO 5.10 CU10 ! 

Kim M. Bruun
6 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upgrade ePO 5.10 to CU10

SIR isn't compatible yet, VSES not working how exactly - which exact build did you install?  Latest available in software manager is 1.3.0.147, which by KB94079, that is compatible.  For MAR, the existing extension 2.4.4.404 is compatible with the CU 10 - the latest product compatibility list has been updated to reflect support for that.

<version ver="[2.3.0.239,2.4.4.404)">
<epoInfo ver="[5.10.0.10,)" needs="2.4.4.404">block</epoInfo>
</version>
</extension>

I emailed you a link to get the solidcore extension.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

kimbn
Level 8
Message 3 of 7

Like I wrote in my earlier post VSES 1.3.0.147 not working SR 4-21831885491 opened for this. We had to downgrade to VSES 1.3.0.115 to have the reporting from the servers working again in ePO. 

Here is what the upgrade tool says:

Upgrade or remove these product extensions to proceed. System Information Reporter 1.0.1.203 (SIR_____1000) 

Endpoint Security Firewall 10.7.0.751 (ENDP_FW_META) -requires Endpoint Security Firewall 10.7.0.843

Active Response Workspace 2.4.4.106 (mar-workspace) -requires Active Response Workspace 2.4.4.107

Solidcore 8.3.2.103 (Solidcore) -requires Solidcore 8.3.2.117

Analytics 2.7.0.181 (analytics) 

Content Security Reporter 2.7.0.181 (McAfeeCSR) 

Content Security Reporter 2.7.0.181 (McAfeeCCP) 

Active Response Packages 2.4.3.105 (mar-packages) -requires Active Response Packages 2.4.4.107

McAfee Server Deployment 3.0.1.122 (ServerDeployment) 

For further details on compatible product extensions see KB94079. By clicking "OK", you can close the ePO Updater Tool.

ENS FW has been upgraded to 10.7.0.843 and server deployment ext. has been deleted as we don´t use it so don´t know why the tool still reports them. Mar-packages extension I can not find and CSR extension either. Solidcore extension is also not available in the version required. 

Kim M. Bruun
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

You should have gotten an email for a link for the solidcore and SIR extensions - I sent them via your SR number.  For VSES issue, you may have to upgrade the client version in order to work with the new extension.  

Latest available MAR packages and extensions in software manager is compatible.

CSR/Analytics isn't available yet.  You may need to restart services for the extensions not to show up in the list.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

User16096767
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hmm, Solidcore extension need to be emailed for customers at this time?  I don't see that extension in the product download section.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

It is released to support only, which means support emails you a link for the file from our internal agent portal.  This aides in tracking RTS packages.

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

I did that for your SR, which the link would be emailed to the email address that you opened the SR with.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community