cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Upgrade From 4.5.4 To 4.6.7 - Consistent Failure And Fix

Jump to solution

Guys,

Trying to upgrade our ePO server from 4.5 Patch 4 to 4.6 Patch 7 and I'm getting a consistent failure each time shortly after trying to start new services. I can recover from it using the following method:

• Backup ePO 4.5 as per McAfee Backup/Recovery article KB66616

• Run 4.6.7 setup.exe

• Install fails

• ePO 4.5 now in an unuseable state

• Remove ePO 4.5 manually using KB66586

• Reboot

• Re-install 4.5 Patch 4

• Restore ePO 4.5.4  using KB66616

• Reboot

• Re-run 4.6.7 setup.exe

• Install completes with no problems.

Any ideas why I'm having this consistent failure on first attempt? There's nothing in the install logs that points to anything specific.

It's an absolute pain to have to upgrade using this method and it's not going to swing with management if that's the way we have to do it!!

Stefan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade From 4.5.4 To 4.6.7 - Consistent Failure And Fix

Jump to solution

Found the problem!

The 8.3 was a bit of a red herring. The problem was a simple port conflict between the installer and the McAFee Framework Service.

As soon as I stop and disable the Framework Service the install goes through without any issues at all.

Stef

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade From 4.5.4 To 4.6.7 - Consistent Failure And Fix

Jump to solution

Found the problem!

The 8.3 was a bit of a red herring. The problem was a simple port conflict between the installer and the McAFee Framework Service.

As soon as I stop and disable the Framework Service the install goes through without any issues at all.

Stef

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community