cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Master Repository (Failed to download file)

HI Team,

Got a notification from ePO that update master repository failed - When i checked the server logs - it shows failed

Tried to run update master repository task again - It failed

Action - Repository pull 

Source site : McAfeeHttp

Branch : Current

Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 10060 ( A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to response

Please help

8 Replies
Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: Update Master Repository (Failed to download file)

Do you have any firewall/proxy which may be blocking download? Are you able to download the file manually?

WE do not use Proxy and in Server settings - Proxy type is Do not use Proxy . I am able to download DAT package for use with mCAfee epo from below site

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-gb/downloads/security-updates.html

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

What about in Network (IE->Tools->internet settings->connections->LAN settings)

Please look into epoapsvr.log (\ePO\DB\logs). This log would be helpful.

LAN settings has Use automatic configuration Script but proxy server is not checked

Please find the attached server log

Marin20
Level 7
Message 6 of 9

Agreed.. but I guess my issue is from the server-side only.. Can you pls have a look at it once? Should I share the screenshots here?

Mybpcreditcard

Hi 

Please look at the logs and let me know what  is the issue

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Hello @Praveen459113 

Below is the error:

20200508113054 I #00736 NAINET Connecting to Real Server: update.nai.com on port: 80
20200508113115 E #00736 NAINET HTTPConnection.cpp(2181): Failed to connect to Real Server: update.nai.com on port: 80
20200508113115 E #00736 NAINET HTTPConnection.cpp(2182): Socket error: 10060
20200508113115 I #00736 INETMGR Download file catalog.z failed in session 1, nainet ret=10060.
20200508113115 E #00736 SITEMGR Mirror.cpp(220): Download file catalog.z from McAfeeHttp failed, hr=-2147467259
20200508113115 I #00736 NAINET HTTP Session closed

Please have the below KB checked and this is matching with the error as well.

Check internally and try to restart the McAfee Services and see.

Also you can run the wireshark and reproduce the issue and check the wireshark.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Using automatic configuration script typically means there is a proxy somewhere in place.  If you can go to http://update.nai.com:80/Products/CommonUpdater/catalog.z in the browser with unchecking every box in the connection settings in browser for proxy, then it probably should work, but most likely it will fail unless you have that option checked that you see enabled.  

You can also verify whether there is proxy you aren't aware of by running the following command:

netsh winhttp show proxy

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community