Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Update ENS to 10.7, patches and service packs still from previous version

Hi,

I just updated ENS to 10.7, but now on agent "general" policy catalog in tab "Updates" I have still previous 10.6. modules and patches to update, why?

agent-policy catalog.jpg

7 Replies
YashT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Re: Update ENS to 10.7, patches and service packs still from previous version

Hello @Former Member ,

That is because you might still hold all the older packages on the respective branches .

You have to upgrade the Master repository packages for ENS then you will find the same in agent update policy.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8

but in Master Repository I have all installation packages for 10.7 version, take a look:

master repository.jpg

ZGreen
Level 10
Message 4 of 8

I had to move the 10.6 ENS into the previous branch manually. I also had the same issue with a version of DLP and HIPS. You may have to overwrite the 10.6 and check it back into the previous branch. Once you have completed that make sure that ENS 10.7 is showing for the agent policy and run a replication task to all the Distributed Repositories so there is no package mismatch when the systems are given the task. 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

As long as you have any versions of 10.6 in any branches, it will show needing update if they aren't the latest.  You would need to remove those to get rid of that.  Otherwise if you are still using it for anything, you can ignore it or update to latest.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Former Member,

Thank you for your post. May I know what version of ENS extensions you are running on your ePO? That might possibly answer our question here!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Hi zuku,

To clarify in better, ENS 10.6 and ENS 10.7 both are two different major versions. The below update task will work only if you check in ENS 10.6 patches (EX : 10.6.1 or 10.6.2) respectively.

To conclude this, you have to create Client Product deployment task to upgrade from ENS 10.6 to 10.7.

Client product deployment : Upgrade between two different major version

Client product update : Upgrade to next available patches on same version. 

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

mh22mh
Level 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

Any product deployed/managed by the ePO has two different property. One is the ePO Agent and the other one is the product. You manage both of them. Just because you update the application does not mean you updated the ePO Agent.

The role of the ePO agent is to manage the product that you configure it to do so. As the new product has been added, then the new capability has been added to the ePO Agent. You have the power to put pause/disable this capability as you see it fit. As long as you have the old version of the application in your environment, you need to manage as well as to provide the update/patch for it. When, you have the confident that the patch is not needed for the older application, simply remove it from your environment, Let me know if you need help on how to remove a product from the Master Repository.

Have a great day.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community