cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unwanted program - Remote administration program issue : no right click

Good afternoon,

I write here for ask you about an issue with some remote administration programs with VirusScan 8.7i :

in our organization after news policies deployement Dameware and Vnc got non functionality of right mouse click and context menu, if I use windows RDP everything works correct.

This problem maybe be caused by Epo Policy "Unwanted program - Block remote administration tools" ?

Thank you in advance

Messaggio modificato da Skiller on 19/07/10 7.25.16 CDT

Messaggio modificato da Skiller on 19/07/10 7.25.50 CDT
2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unwanted program - Remote administration program issue : no right click

Possibly, I guess.

I would expect that to stop the remote admin tool running at all though, not just right-click functionality.

Look at the VirusScan logs for access protection on the machine where the remote admin tool is executed and see what it says.

Rgds,

Rob.

Highlighted

Re: Unwanted program - Remote administration program issue : no right click

I had this issue before and what I did was to uncheck "Remote Administration Tools" under virusscan enterprise 8.7.0> unwanted programs policies>my default. Try this and see outcome.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community